Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish has a new Equipment Protection Plan available.

For all the details please see the attached PDF.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• dishprotectionplan.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 809
Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish has a new Equipment Protection Plan available.

For all the details please see the attached PDF.

Enjoy!

What is the difference to the $1.99 plan that I have

The $1.99 plan is no longer available (If you have it now you are grandfathered for 1 year)

Plus they will send someone to your house to fix the problem if you can't do it yourself....

I note that this includes DishMover for "free", but they say if you have a 2nd dish for "International" Programming, there is a $50 charge. What about those of us with Locals on the wings?

I'm sure they will include it for free. They don't need anyone to go crying to the NAB about "discrimination" against shopping and redundant channels.....

$1.99 to $5.99----what happened to gradual increases? I will stay with the $1.99 for now. I refuse to pay a 300% increase. At that point, it's just not worth it to me.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The $1.99 plan is no longer available (If you have it now you are grandfathered for 1 year)

Plus they will send someone to your house to fix the problem if you can't do it yourself....

Scott this is the first I 've heard of a one year grandfathering. I thought if you had the extended plan already then you were covered for good. Where did you get confirmation on the one year only on the grandfathering? :confused:

They just did away with the other warranty plan which is different than the $5.99 plan making it the only one available if you did not get the warranty yet wanting the plan, so it is not a 300% increase as it is not the same warranty covering the same thing. Existing customers are grandfathered to their warranty plan of $1.99.

If you have a PVR, you SHOULD have the plan as the hard drives could die over time much more than their non-hard drive counterparts....

The $1.99 deal was great for me and my 4 PVRs. When the year runs out I'm sure I'll re-up to the $5.99 plan out of necessity ($1700 worth of PVRs is too big of a risk)