New dish for south asia - where to go?

aat0995

Dec 3, 2005
Hello! I am a new member and I am sorry if this sounds too obvious. I found you guys over google and saw the bredth of information here.

I was wondering if you can guide me with this. I am a new to dish and I wanted to get south asian (indian) channels for 3 months or so. My understanding is that I will have to take superdish. Is it okay to get it for 3 months from dish network? I think I will have to pay 49.99. Are there any other hidden fees? Can you please guide me if I will be better off purchasing my own dish and stuff? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ap

i have Indian programming also.. if u want it for three months only.. then i would suggest to pay the $50 installation charge so u are not bound by the contrcat.. and as far as the SUper dish goes... well if u own/rent a home where u can put up 2 dishes then u will not be needing a super dish. if u live in a condominium complex like me and can only put up one dish, then only u woll need a super dish.

Thanks for the replies! They are not only on 121. They are also on 61.5 . So I will have to go with 2 dishes. The option I got with them was that I will have to pay $100 for the 2nd dish. Other option they gave was that if I only want indian channels then I pay $149.99 and I can keep the dish and receiver both. I am not sure what I will do with them after 3 months though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
AP

Last edited:
Indian Channels

I also have Indian Channels or have had them for a long time with Dish.

I use to have two dishes one pointed at 61.5, and a dish 500 for 119, and 110 since I also have the 180 pack from Dish. About eight months back do to local channels coming online in my city I was moved to a super dish with the 121 LNB.

When I was moved to the super dish was told by Dish that I will no longer need a second dish unless I was getting Voom. So are you sure you need two dishes? It was my understanding that all the Indian channels are available on the 121 sat as well as 61.5 as to what Dish told me.

I just looked at the chart, and you only need the Super Dish to get the Indian Channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)