New Dish Ideas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k.r.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Floyd knobs indiana
Im c band dish window shoping right now for few month down the road..budget is 1000$ for dish only and mounting..i have several recievers... geosat 1200 and the micro hd...also have pleanty of coax..and all my lnbs c and ku from my dishes here...but il need a positioner box i guess..i guess my question is if you had 1000$ for buying a cband dish and mounting it proper..what would you buy..

I would put a iso listing on craigs list. Maybe you will find something. I have serval back up 10 foot mesh dishes i have found. By searching craigs list. I have turned down over 5 dishes that were 7.5 foot. Here in SC there is plenty 7.5' foots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: k.r.
I would do like dl said and look around for a good used 10 footer. Maybe can get it for next to nothing.
Then spend $175 on an ASC1.

My $0.02 - Keep your eyes open when driving around. A lot of times, you may have driven by a decent dish or two without ever having noticed it.

Go out into rural areas, off the highway and onto the dirt/gravel roads. If you are in a civic organization, church, etc. then tell people what you're looking for - I got a 7.5' free that way. If you see one on a building, go in and ask - I got a 10' free that way (except paying the county road & bridge crew $50 to remove it from the roof).

I have two 10' and one 7.5' and all were free, with the exception of the $50 removal fee. All of this was within the last couple of years, so good stuff can be had.

If you happen upon a good 7.5' dish, I'd say get it. It would let you get your feet wet and explore while looking for a bigger dish. Good luck and good hunting!

I migh give you a call Dan when we get kinda sorta settled in..the botanical garden by the hilton..are you far from that? And thank you..

Are thinking of Fort Wayne I live north of there in angola but the rural area has plenty of c band dishes gobs of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)