New Dish Network 510 Existing Customer Promos

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For those of you looking to upgrade to a new 510 Dish Network has some new promos available. :)

Present DISH Customers (Offer not valid for DHP customers)can get up to 2 DISH Player-DVR 510 Receivers

This offer is from September 3, 2003 to September 30, 2003(Offer not valid for DHP customers)

There are 3 Choices to choose from:

1. Upgrade Offer ($99)
Customer may choose to add or upgrade 1 DISH Player-DVR 510 receiver for $99.00. Cost includes delivery, installation, including any necessary LNBFs/switches required for the installation.
(Shipping option not available with this offer; all receivers must be installed)

* Customer must have been an active Dish customer for the past 12 months.
* Customer must maintain a minimum of $40.00 programming level.
* 2 year minimum programming purchase of America's Top 50 required.

DISH Player-DVR 510 receivers are subject to a monthly DISH Video-On-Demand Service fee based on their level of programming. ($10, $5 or $0 )

2. Exclusive Offer ($149)
Customer may choose to add or upgrade up to 2 DISH Player-DVR 510 receiver for $149.00. Cost includes delivery, installation, including
any necessary LNBFs/switches required for the installation.( Customers who wish to upgrade receivers may also choose to have the
receiver(s)shipped for the same price of $149.00 each (shipping is free).

* Customer must have been active prior to November 15, 2002 to participate.
* 1 year minimum programming purchase of America's Top 100 required.
* If the customer is currently committed to another promotion, the new commitment will
replace the previous commitment and will begin on the date of activation.

DISH Player-DVR 510 receivers are subject to a monthly DISH Video-On-Demand Service fee based on their level of programming. ($10, $5 or $0 )

3. Special Offer ($199)
Customer may choose to add or upgrade up to 2 DISH Player-DVR 510 receiver for $199.00. Cost includes delivery, installation, including
any necessary LNBFs/switches required for the installation.(Customers who wish to upgrade receivers may also choose to have the
receiver(s) shipped for the same price of $199.00 each (shipping is free waived with enrollment of Credit Card AutoPay).

* Customer must have been active prior to November 15, 2002 to participate.
* 1 year minimum programming purchase of America's Top 100 required.
* Credit Card AutoPay required.
* If the customer is currently committed to another promotion, the new commitment will replace the previous commitment and will begin on the date of activation.

510 promotion. How is #2 different from #3?

It seems like if you qualify for #2, you will qualify for #3. Who will pay the extra $50?

Is this thread in the right forum (isn't t there Dish PVR forum)...who's the Admin here anyway.....

;) :)

Dang it you got me! :D

I consider this more of a sales thing then DVR thing (such as software or operations).

(Good excuse ehh?) 8)

I think the $149 deal will be given to the same people that would have qualified for the $149 501/508 promotion before, and the same with the $199 deal.

Is there a major difference between the 510 and 511 that would make it $50.00 more?

Could someone please tell me what the definitive word is on the fees for these new receivers. Is it account based or reciever based? ie. 2 DVRs=2 fees OR 2+DVR's=1 fee per account.

I've read so much on this. Everyone's been flapping their gums about it I don't know what to believe. I think I may just grab another 508 while the gettin's good and forget all these 510's and 511's and fees blah, blah blah.

I called E* on Friday (9/5/03) and the CSR assured me I could still get a fee-free 508 for $150 installed. How can you miss??

TimR><>

The wait it is now, you get charged a DVR fee for EACH 510 you have.

I am told that Dish may revise this policy in the future. For their sake I hope they do.

Scott I want to thank you. I read this info when you posted it in another forum. I then called dish and am getting one of my 501's upgraded to a 510 for $99 tomorrow. Heck other than your post no one else had the info, including the first csr i talked too.

Scott,

I have a question about the offer. In offer #2, the 1st sentence says you get 2 510's for $149. Then, later in the paragraph it states the price is $149 each. DO you know which is right?

If it is two for $149 each if you take two then they must be, in reality, charging you $50 more for the first one for wanting to buy two. Shouldn't it be $99 for the first one then $149 for the second one if someone wanted two 510's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)