New DISH Network Mosaic

onsiteSat

Satellite Sales/Installs
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Glendale, AZ
Got this info from Our local distributor relating to the new Ch 100 Rollout dates and recievers.

New DISH Network mosaic

The new DISH Network mosaic is scheduled to launch on 8/17 on channel 100.
The channels will be interchangeable, but are starting out with the six channels listed below: (screen shot attached, but does not match channels)
1. CNN
2. MSNBC
3. The Weather Channel
4. E!
5. Bloomberg
6. Court TV

The roll-out of this functionality is going out in phases, see below:
8/10: Launch current portal without audio (current dish home will lose audio, until new version launches)

8/17: Begin Phased Roll Out
· 0% of 351 and 811 receivers
· 10% of 3900, 4900, 301D, 301E, 311, 322, 50X, 522/625 will see new mosaic
· 25% of 111, 721, and 942 will see the new mosaic

8/24: Increase Targeting
· 0% of 351 receivers
· 25% of 811 receivers
· 50% of 3900, 4900, 301D, 301E, 311, 322, 50X, 522/625, 111, 721 and 942 receivers

8/31: Targeting Update
100% of 3900, 4900, 301D, 301E, 311, 322, 50X, 522/625, 111, 721, 351 and 942 receivers

Nice info thanks.

The only time they mention the 811 is 25% on 8/24

I assume it will be targeting at 100% with every other receiver listed on 8/31 but must've left it off as a typo

The Dish Home Interactive is so slow and its hard to find things. I never use it.

Think about it guys, we like to watch SAT TV, we like to surf channels.

Why dont they put all the stuff on there own channel like they almost did in the begining (when weather was on 9500)

My wish list:

Channel 80 Weather
81 news
82 sports
83 mosaic
84 games
85 local weather
86 regional radar west
ect . . . .
100 main menu

This way we could surf the interactive channels. And go to the ones we want quickly or even add them to the FAVs list.

I think they actually are set up as channels in the 95xx range, they just dont let us have direct access to them...

I thought I heard on the last Tech Chat that one could add at least another channel of their own choosing. Is this what is meant by interchangeable? It would be great if one could choose all 6 channels. Imagine 6 different shopping channels all displayed in a mosaic!! :D

Nope not gonna happen, and BTW I never heard that so dunno what you were listening to ;)

The mosaic is a single channel created by dish with 6 pips on one screen.

It's not user interactive, as that would require a receiver with 7 tuners ;)

BFG said:
I think they actually are set up as channels in the 95xx range, they just dont let us have direct access to them...
Yes... correct .. (or something like that anyhow)

What would be nice is if you could use DVR functionality with this. If they could somehow divide the amount of bandwidth required for the particular channel and you could choose which one you wanted to view. What would be really interesting is if they had it delayed by an hour in case you missed an episode or missed the recording even if you do not have a DVR. I imagine that if you brought it up to full view (kind of like a zoom function that DVD players have) that the picture quality would not be as great. This would be a great way to launch the rest of the local channels if it would save bandwidth.

BFG said:
Nope not gonna happen, and BTW I never heard that so dunno what you were listening to ;)

The mosaic is a single channel created by dish with 6 pips on one screen.

It's not user interactive, as that would require a receiver with 7 tuners ;)
With a lot of work they could give you your choice of 100 channels. But it would take a lot of work and probably wouldn't run on older receivers that don't have the processors of the newer machines. At this point it probably would not be worth the hassle or the bandwidth.

JL

Not here.

The thing that burns me about dish home is how sloooow it takes to open! Why can't they just make the receivers cache the "browser" itself and then grab the info separately?

That, and put weather on a channel, get all the dang locations - I'm still floored that dinky towns like Napa are on the map but not vallejo *sigh*

Forget that, give me local TWC...

It's nice to see a map instead of inaccurate numbers, no matter how close it got to your town...

Update

Showroom recievers:
311 has the new Dish home ch. 100
522, 811, and 942 still have the old ch. 100 with a advertisement about the new Ch100 coming soon.

I made sure I turned off all of the recievers last night. I find it amazing the the cheap 311 got the Upgrade before the 942 and the 522.

On a side note my personal 510 at home had it this morning.

<Waits for dish home to load>

"Get Ready, the new dish home is coming soon! Please be aware, you may experience some audio loss within the current dish home, in preparation for this exciting launch."

That's what my current dish home said...Gave me a chance to look at text and type for the first time in years...HAVEN'T LOST A STEP, wooha...

Well isn't that nice though, they've got to break the old useless dish home in order to give us the new useless dish home...Why Do I not want to turn my receiver off after seeing this...