New Dish Retailer Chat this morning

So that is $10 only for the first Hopper and still only six $6 for each additional Hopper, correct? Or did they just jack the price up for each additional hopper to $10 as well?

Stargazer said:
So that is $10 only for the first Hopper and still only six $6 for each additional Hopper, correct? Or did they just jack the price up for each additional hopper to $10 as well?

This minor change is just combing the account level DVR fee with the account level Whole-Home fee.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

There has been no increase. It's $7 for a Joey or second Hopper, same as it has been. The $10 also is not an increase, combined two fees.

They're just getting rid of the "Whole-Home DVR" moniker in order to justify the charge when one is not actually using the whole-home functionality (such as those with only 1 Hopper.)

As long as there are no actual increases I say alrighty then.

Would've liked to hear an announcement of the release the OTA tuner for Hopper... Darn...

They're just getting rid of the "Whole-Home DVR" moniker in order to justify the charge when one is not actually using the whole-home functionality (such as those with only 1 Hopper.)

As long as there are no actual increases I say alrighty then.

Would've liked to hear an announcement of the release the OTA tuner for Hopper... Darn...

Watch you bet when they do announce the ota tuner ,they will announce a new ota tuner FEE too.:eek:

Scherrman said:
I'm rewatching the retailer chat right now and they are going over the upcoming promotions for 8/1.

It looks like a lot of the major current promotions are staying. Still get all 4 movie packs free for 3 months.

They are offering the Heartland package with the Top 120 for $29.99/mo for 12 months. They're calling it "Familytime Favorites" Bundle.

To avoid confusion with the Familytime Favorites bundle they are changing the name of DishFamily to the Smart Pack.

The $6 DVR fee and $4 whole home DVR fee are going to become a single line item of $10 DVR service fee on your bill for Hopper accounts.

I'll post more if I find anything else worth noting.
Is the family time bundle only for new accounts? I currently have at120 and Heartland. Will I be able to get the offer

Is the family time bundle only for new accounts? I currently have at120 and Heartland. Will I be able to get the offer

You can ask Dish but just like any promotional package it's generally for new customers. That's how it's always been.