New Dish Service Installed Today (211K)

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ok, gotta say it was one of the best installs Ive ever seen. Guy was a Dish Network employee in a nice new Dish van, and he did an excellent job.

He told me the Directv lines were not approved, so he had to run a single line from the Dish, along the house, up into the attic, and to a junction area in the house. I was like WTF, but he said if someone came behind him and found it, he'd have to come back.

I like the 211K, pretty snappy, and it took me all of 10 minutes to get the 1TB My Book AV installed and activated, now its a DVR that will record one Sat program and one OTA program at the same time. With that ($25/month for Dish America), a TiVo Premier with 2 OTA tuners (also does Amazon VOD 1080p/24 downloads and Netflix Streaming), and a Apple Tv, Im pretty much set.

New Dish
Photo12.jpg

Photo13.jpg

Photo11.jpg

Run along house he had to make and then thru the fence into the front
Photo15.jpg

Photo1.jpg

211K at home with the ATV and My Book AV (had to use book to get it high enough to clear sliding door for remote :) )
Photo14.jpg

Krell was right, I checked it after many hours of use and it was a little warm on that side. Relocated the My Book outside the ent center and underneath in a little cubby where it'll have open air and I can still see the light on.

Im a Dishnetwork tech/Trainer .I must admit that job looks better than most.In my line of work u got guys who just dnt give a crap about pride,and just slam jobs just to get a check.....hats off to ur tech

You had a sub contractor.

1. No orange burial
2. Not a dns ground block, rather ones typically used by contractors
3. If the pole got mounted the same day, utilities most likely weren't marked, a huge nono. Subs do it all of the time
4. Drip loop but no service loop
5. Non approved fasteners holding the cable to the home
6. No ground strap

Lol. I'm glad you are happy with the install. If my qas checked that, I would fail that install.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

You must really dis-like retailers huh?

You had a sub contractor.

1. No orange burial
2. Not a dns ground block, rather ones typically used by contractors
3. If the pole got mounted the same day, utilities most likely weren't marked, a huge nono. Subs do it all of the time
4. Drip loop but no service loop
5. Non approved fasteners holding the cable to the home
6. No ground strap

Lol. I'm glad you are happy with the install. If my qas checked that, I would fail that install.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

What seems odd to me, is this guy buried 20 foot of cable, crawled around in my attic for 30 minutes on a 90 degree day, all to bypass this cable he could not use (Dish was at the home when I moved in so the previous install used it, then when Directv came out they used it...) Then he did all this other "wrong".

Frank is correct. It was a sub, the PVC doesn't appear to be the DNS elbows either. The job is fine and will work, it's not necessarily "wrong."
Some SUBS aren't required to run orange lines, so I've heard. Interesting he replaced the line because the DTV cable was allowed. He knew what would avoid a back-charge.
Enjoy it!

Odd that a sub would not be required to use orange, and others would. Ive heard the whole orange thing before, but only seen it used once buy an installer that had to bury line.

If the cable is in a conduit, which this one is, what is the requirement of orange useful for? If the cable was direct buried it would make sense but not so in conduit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)