Pre New Install Quetions - 2) Package and 922 Receiver

flyover

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 31, 2011
Columbia, MO
I'm looking at switching to DISH & have never been a DISH customer. I went through a confusing and frustrating on line chat with a sales person where I couldn't get a straight answer. Maybe someone here will know the route to take to get the install I would like. The question was, can I get one of the 2 yr contract"deals" with a 922 receiver and pay for an "upgrade" over the 722 to get the 922? She kept on saying the 922 "is not aviable for offer now." She basically said that the only way for me to get a 922 is to buy it outright and get the "no contract no deals" price and pay for everything up front. She quoted me an up front cost of $706.31 (!) including activation fee & first month's service, etc. I said, uh, no thanks. I'm willing to pay for the upgrade for the 922 over the 722, I just need to figure out what to say to the rep when I call and what my options are. Thanks for any help.

I'm eyeing a 922 as a new customer too. I noticed about a week ago they took it off the website as a sale option. It's still listed as a receiver but there's no way to buy.

You guys don't have to buy a 922. You can lease it however there is a $200 upgrade fee. Honestly though, a lot of people on here have said that the 922 has a lot bugs and issues and that the VIP722k is considered to be Dish's best receiver, so if I were you, I would consider getting a VIP722k instead of the 922. If you want sling capabilities, you guys as new customers can get a sling adapter for free and if you need more recording space, you can always add an external hard drive.

I'm looking at switching to DISH & have never been a DISH customer. I went through a confusing and frustrating on line chat with a sales person where I couldn't get a straight answer. Maybe someone here will know the route to take to get the install I would like. The question was, can I get one of the 2 yr contract"deals" with a 922 receiver and pay for an "upgrade" over the 722 to get the 922? She kept on saying the 922 "is not aviable for offer now." She basically said that the only way for me to get a 922 is to buy it outright and get the "no contract no deals" price and pay for everything up front. She quoted me an up front cost of $706.31 (!) including activation fee & first month's service, etc. I said, uh, no thanks. I'm willing to pay for the upgrade for the 922 over the 722, I just need to figure out what to say to the rep when I call and what my options are. Thanks for any help.
I am so sorry that you had a problem setting up an account with the VIP922 Receiver. This receiver is available upon request only. I do apologize that you were given the incorrect information. I am sending you a PM with some options available to you! Thank you!

I am so sorry that you had a problem setting up an account with the VIP922 Receiver. This receiver is available upon request only. I do apologize that you were given the incorrect information. I am sending you a PM with some options available to you! Thank you!

Any chance I can get a PM too :wave

I know, but I want the EPG in HD, PIP, 1TB HDD, Play On support. I like to fiddle and have stuff not work lol, installed a DPP44 at my old landlords Apt to get my own 211 instead of being stuck with TV2 off a 622. Im ready for the prime time.

The 922 is a solid receiver imo. I install 722s all day long and while they are a wonderful receiver, nothing compares to my 922. I don't know what bugs everyone is crying about, the only ONE I found was that when I skip forward or back I get a weird chirp sound. A 722 with a sling adapter will to the TV anywhere exactly the same as the 922 and cost you $100 less (actually $200 less with the rebate right now). PiP only works with the 722 in single mode, another post stated that you can use the 722 in single mode with the sling and it will automatically switch to dual while recording or when connecting and viewing remotely. The new EPG is amazing and the 922 is overall my favorite receiver. The only gripe I have, other than that chirp, is that the shows don't group together if placed in a user made folder. Without the user made folder all like shows are grouped in their own folder while the user made one is just a long list of all the recorded shows, so no subfolders basically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts