New Dish Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

141park

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2022
Florida
Hi, I am trying to sign up for Dish but only way to get Hopper 3 is with 4 TV set up. Is there a way to still get a Hopper 3 installed without getting 4 TV set up? Can we call Dish to sign up rather than online? Eventually goal is to add 2nd purchased Hopper 3 so I have 2 Hopper 3's and maybe a couple of Joey's. Will an installer from Dish pre wire for the 2nd Hopper 3 while installing the first one?

Thanks!

Call DISH and tell them you want to set up new service and ask them bout the receiver situation. By phone or do an online chat on their website. But they would know for sure. If they can't give you the receiver you want you could cancel the order .

CSR roulette.

Dish discourages two Hopper systems. They will not prewire for a possible future enhancement.

I suggest you say you want a Hopper 3 AND a Hopper Plus. As a new custie, I think you should have little trouble getting this. No added ongoing monthly fee for the Plus.

If you add a Joey to your order that would be installed in the room that your future Hopper 3 would go you would get wired to that location. After install, disconnect the Joey and you are prewired. Or, just leave the Joey there until you are ready to install the second H3. There would be a bit of rework in your wiring setup to add that extra H3. You would need a 42 switch added and the wiring from the hub would need to be rearranged.

It amazes me how ridiculous this whole thing is. You don’t even want to know how many times I go to a new connect for one room, customer is elderly and doesn’t record and they’re getting a hopper three. There is no consistency to this process whatsoever

Just call or chat. You have to pay a fee to upgrade to Hopper 3 if you’re only connecting 2 TVs. It’s really no big deal. The website won’t let you do it but chat or phone can handle it. Just be prepared to pay a one time fee.

Thanks for the comments. Any installors on the Forum in Jax, FL who can do my install!! I want 2 Hopper 3's. I already bought one and was going to get 1 from Dish along with a Wireless Joey 4 when placing the order. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)