new dish today what do you guys think?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
here are some pics from today on a dish I got from a local business. IMG_0085[1].JPG IMG_0086[1].JPG its a 1 meter channel master.

dan Rose

Those are nice dishes. I have one the same size. Only agravation is that they are heavy. But they are well made.
DTN must had a lot of subscribers, cause there are a lot of those dishes (usually smaller though) here in Missouri.

Gray1

My little .75 meter dishes were formerly DTN. I know where there are two CM 1 meter dishes, I would love to get one or both, but are still in DTN service. ?(?????)?. (DTN is still there @ 95W vertical. Realigned one a few months ago)
Maybe that new motor (SG6100 ?) can handle it??

...I know where there are two CM 1 meter dishes, I would love to get one ...
Maybe that new motor (SG6100 ?) can handle it??
Many years ago, there was a great thread for putting Primestar dishes like the 84e on SG2100 motors.
We're still talking about the same molded CM* dishes, so the same solution applies.
- Remove the heavy mount from the dish.
- Fabricate a simple bracket to attach dish to motor shaft.
The thread explored a number of imaginative ideas.

*CM = ChannelMaster, who molded the Primestar dishes, back in the day.
The more recent name name is Andrew, with red lightning bolt logo.

I got this for free trying to figure out a way I can put this on the back porch. maybe I can turn it into a part time table when they are not around flip it down to use as a satellite dish.

dan Rose

There's a million ways! They are nice dishes too, I like mine. All of 'em, lol. Put a little white grease on the lnb=clamp bolts-they tend to get a little dry/rusty in the weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts