New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can no longer log in to Dish Anywhere or the Dish community forum, keep getting this message "Your Online ID/Password combination has expired. Please click here to create a new password." The acct name & password is correct though since I can still access my Dish account using the same credentials. Any ideas? It worked just a few days ago.

Same here. I changed my password and can now log in. Dish tighten up their password requirements. Now you must have a capital letter, number and special symbol in your new password. My old password was all lower case and numbers.

Dish tighten up their password requirements. Now you must have a capital letter, number and special symbol in your new password.

Nuts. I have all except the special symbol. :crying This password quality mania is not making us more secure. What next? Randomly assigned 15 character passwords in CraZY cAps?

Mine logs in just fine, but when I click on guide, it just brings up a handful of streaming channels. If I try to enter a Channel, it says "You do not have any favorite channels. You can favorite a channel by clicking on the heart icon next to the channel name."

Of course, I logged out and now I can't log back in smh

Nuts. I have all except the special symbol. :crying This password quality mania is not making us more secure. What next? Randomly assigned 15 character passwords in CraZY cAps?

I cannot stand companies that insist on unnecessary security measures. My password safety should be my business, not theirs.

Well,,, if somebody hacks them and gets your credit card info and buys airline tickets to Uzbekistan, you might sue.
It doesn't matter what your password is. First off, if a company is hacked, they'll get it anyway and second, someone with Linux knowledge, a WiFi and a Bluetooth adapter can sit across from you at Starbucks and use the public Hotspot to get into your computer in seconds.

If you really want to know how vulnerable we are, follow these guys on Youtube
Null Byte

I can't see all of my ota channels on the new dish web player setup. For whatever reason it shows my local abc,nbc,cbs,cw but not fox. On the dish anywhere app on my phone it shows all of my ota channels no problem. Dish should have tried to copy the phone app as much as they could on the web version that would have made it less confusing switching from phone to computer. I am really missing the remote to type in channel numbers and the live tv button.

Reactions: millerthyme59
It doesn't matter what your password is. First off, if a company is hacked, they'll get it anyway and second, someone with Linux knowledge, a WiFi and a Bluetooth adapter can sit across from you at Starbucks and use the public Hotspot to get into your computer in seconds.

If you really want to know how vulnerable we are, follow these guys on Youtube
Null Byte

Frightening.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

I am using Chrome and I go to my Dish page. I sign in and get to my info. When I select DishAnywhere, I get an error message page saying I cannot reach this page. I updated my password to have the needed characters to no avail. If I go directly to DishAnywhere and try to log in , It will not accept the user name and password I set up on my Dish account.

I am using Chrome and I go to my Dish page. I sign in and get to my info. When I select DishAnywhere, I get an error message page saying I cannot reach this page. I updated my password to have the needed characters to no avail. If I go directly to DishAnywhere and try to log in , It will not accept the user name and password I set up on my Dish account.

Hello! Are you using the app or a web page? If you're on the website, which browser are you using? Have you attempted to clear the cache on your device? For immediate assistance we recommend reaching out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. -Brenda V

Frightening.

Yes! I've been doing a lot of research on how not private our lives are and how simple it is to get hack into almost anyone's personal data, not to mention the companies that are using our data as a commodity. I'm slowly taking safeguards against that. Right now, for the first time ever, I'm using the TOR Browser as my go to web browser. It works surprisingly faster than I expected it to.

Ok this is just nuts... I have IE, Edge and of course Firefox...latest 69 version as of today.
I use FF 95% of the time and maybe the others IF I really need to on a site that doesn't work well with FF.
Now you have to be flipping kidding me that Dish Anywhere does not support one of the most widely used web browsers in Firefox or IE...even Edge is catching up some market space. This is just beyond stupid...I'm not going to get forced to get another browser when these 3 work perfectly fine.
On to the online chat with dish again.

So today my normal log in works just like it used to, whatever Dish screwed up is fixed & I don't need to change the password. I was hoping now that DA uses standard Chrome that I could cast to my Lenovo smart display but it's not showing up in the list (not sure if that's the fault of the display or DA since I can cast several other apps from phone, just not Dish). Also tried DA with Win10 & getting lots of choppy sound even though it works flawlessly with my old Chromebox - I rarely use Windows anyway but now I know why so many are complaining about it.

IE is dead. Don’t use it anymore.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)