New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've changed my password and cleared out cache for those sites. Still get Error Number: 2009. Receiver shows connected/green. Using Safari (latest).....

I've changed my password and cleared out cache for those sites. Still get Error Number: 2009. Receiver shows connected/green. Using Safari (latest).....

I checked my information and if you send us a chat, we'll be able to submit this issue to the engineers. You can chat directly by clicking here: Direct Chat

- Phoenix

I checked my information and if you send us a chat, we'll be able to submit this issue to the engineers. You can chat directly by clicking here: Direct Chat

- Phoenix

I tried the online chat and they couldn't help me as they don't handle too much dish anywhere support. They asked me to call the main number. Did that. They had me try a bunch of different browsers, but always the same issue. 2009 error code. The agent did finally look up and they had a lot of calls with the same issues and that they are investigating. So, guess we just wait. Seems like basic testing would have caught something like this, but hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

Reactions: TheKrell
Edge came out over IE over four years ago for W10.

Read the Wikipedia article on Internet Explorer. They’re mopping up the blood now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Crap! I wish I had seen this before today. I told a buddy that has a 722K to go ahead and get a Sling Adapter for his 722 so they can watch their box when out of town. There are two voicemails from him, I bet letting me know he ordered it!

Update:
He called to tell me that he had talked to dish (new logo) and they said he could use the app off an Amazon Fire Stick. "But the 722K would have to be connected to the Internet." So he canceled the Sling order. OK. But they said nothing about the 722K needing any additional hardware. They did sell him a WiFi dongle for the 722K. So, "How is the app on the Fire Stick suppose to connect to the 722K and give DishAnywhere access?!"

Last edited:
I told a buddy that has a 722K to go ahead and get a Sling Adapter for his 722 so they can watch their box when out of town. There are two voicemails from him, I bet letting me know he ordered it!

That is unfortunate, especially if he paid for his Sling Adapter (one of which I have sitting in it's original box).

That is unfortunate, especially if he paid for his Sling Adapter (one of which I have sitting in it's original box).

I’ve got 2 of them sitting in my old equipment drawer. I was actually contemplating dumping them this morning.

Thanks for letting me know guys. I may have to get back to you on that . . . He's the last hold out in my little group of "Vidiots" that won't upgrade boxes. TV's, Oh Yes! so he has apps. Now he wants to be able to watch his "box" in Denver while he's babysitting on Portland. I have a feeling when he talked to dish (new logo) that there was either lack of communication or the rep saw a sucker.

I just stumbled on this thread and will have to read it from the top and see what's going on. I remember talk of things changing and since I have two H3's and rarely use DishAnywhere, it didn't concern me. But now this . . .

Just a question, but why Edge? I've tried it a few times and just can't find any reason to switch from Chrome

There are so many browsers out at one time I was running 13+ just to test things. I use WaterFox now, but that is/was a big mistake. I'd love to move to Chrome, Chromium or Canary, but the dev on WaterFox locked the database and you can't migrate like I didn't from FireFox to WF. At that time you could take the database anywhere and it did sync with Chrome perfectly. But now it's locked even from FireFox. I'm hoping a dev pops up with a "converter" . . .

There are so many browsers out at one time I was running 13+ just to test things. I use WaterFox now, but that is/was a big mistake. I'd love to move to Chrome, Chromium or Canary, but the dev on WaterFox locked the database and you can't migrate like I didn't from FireFox to WF. At that time you could take the database anywhere and it did sync with Chrome perfectly. But now it's locked even from FireFox. I'm hoping a dev pops up with a "converter" . . .
I found out TOR doesn't have a migration function either, so I have to re-save my Bookmarks 1 by 1.

Tried Chrome and Safari on my Mac today (wired Ethernet) and still no luck. Still get the same error 2009. Receiver shows online/green and app works fine from iPads on the same network. Customer support was no help when I called them a few days ago. SJ

In the DISH communities (user forums), this thread is on the same topic, with some wonderful insights about what's going on with the network underneath the new version. With the new DISHanywhere.com doing an unnecessary streaming up/down when all devices are on the same home network, it becomes unusable to me.

I live in a town in a rural area. Indoor OTA antennas don't work here due to the distance, and the limited broadband options are too slow for streaming video. My DISH Hopper 3 has been the only technology that has worked here. And now its best feature, DISHanywhere, is broken, first on the new DISHanywhere.com, then on the updated iOS and Android DISHanywhere apps, probably next on the Amazon Fire tablet app. Progressive destruction...

Holy crap this new website is BAD. Most of the Dish Anywhere functionality doesn't even work.
  • Very spotty in reliably connecting to my box, even when on the same LAN
  • No easy way to access multiple episodes of a recorded series - just defaults to the latest
  • It's mentioned above that if available, it will stream as On Demand instead of from your local recording. This sounds like a great way to introduce ads that I can't skip. If only the major networks had thought of this on their own apps already.. oh wait.
I hadn't used the web based version in many months - my primary is on my phone or fire stick - both which work great. Dish - PLEASE do not screw up the mobile/fire stick versions.

I find it interesting that so many are having issues when I've had none on my Android phones/tablets or Firesticks. Works great on Chrome OS too, which it never did before.

It's different than it used to be but at least it's still working consistently for me.

I find it interesting that so many are having issues when I've had none on my Android phones/tablets or Firesticks. Works great on Chrome OS too, which it never did before.

It's different than it used to be but at least it's still working consistently for me.
Same here. DA is working fine for me under a Chrome browser on a PC and the Android app on an Amazon Fire tablet...:enjoying

There were some intermittent DA problems that affected all devices at times, but that appears to have been straightened out. DA is working properly on my Linux PC in Chrome as well as my Android phone and Firestick apps.

Reactions: JSheridan

I find it interesting that it's often the same people that seem to constantly have issues

I find it interesting that it's often the same people that seem to constantly have issues

Facts are that not everyone has time to come here find this thread and raise concerns.
I still can't use it. I do not have Chrome and will not use Chrome and I told them this on the chat the other day.
I shouldn't be forced to download yet another browser to use something that worked perfectly fine on 3 other top used browsers in the world.
The best browser 2019 | TechRadar
There is a quick look at the list.. FireFox still #1 and worked perfect for a long time. For a company that can't support it when they clearly did for so long is just nuts.
IE and Edge both came with Windows for users also...neither of those work and that makes again no sense at all.
So I find it interesting that Dish has totally dropped the ball on this problem but at the end of the day when you've just stopped using it why come here and mention the issue..you only get the same copy/paste responses from them if they reply or you call/chat with them.

Facts are that not everyone has time to come here find this thread and raise concerns.
I still can't use it. I do not have Chrome and will not use Chrome and I told them this on the chat the other day.
I shouldn't be forced to download yet another browser to use something that worked perfectly fine on 3 other top used browsers in the world.
The best browser 2019 | TechRadar
There is a quick look at the list.. FireFox still #1 and worked perfect for a long time. For a company that can't support it when they clearly did for so long is just nuts.
IE and Edge both came with Windows for users also...neither of those work and that makes again no sense at all.
So I find it interesting that Dish has totally dropped the ball on this problem but at the end of the day when you've just stopped using it why come here and mention the issue..you only get the same copy/paste responses from them if they reply or you call/chat with them.

I totally agree! Why am I forced to install the Chrome browser? I do not want to give Google more ways to track what I am doing. Dish Anywhere worked for years with Firefox. I think it is a mistake for Dish to force everyone to install another browser just so we can use Dish Anywhere on our PCs.

I also think that Edge should be supported just because it is included with Windows and it is there for everyone. Edge used to work fine with Dish Anywhere. Why drop support for the browser that everyone has on their system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)