New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

Just installed the Chromium Based Edge browser on my Windows 10 v1903 PC.

I can view live video and recordings. Getting some buffering on both with a wired connection.

Reactions: NYDutch
Same here. DA is working fine for me under a Chrome browser on a PC and the Android app on an Amazon Fire tablet...:enjoying

I can't seem to get Chrome to work with my setup on either my PC or Mac. Keep getting Error Number: 2009. No help from DISH. Wonder whats different with your setup and/or did you have to change some type of setting or something... Thanks. SJ

Have you checked your password for MyDish.Com? Most of us had to change them to include 1 capital letter, 1 number and 1 special character

I can't seem to get Chrome to work with my setup on either my PC or Mac. Keep getting Error Number: 2009. No help from DISH. Wonder whats different with your setup and/or did you have to change some type of setting or something... Thanks. SJ
I haven't had to do anything to get it to work lately. Windows 10 desktop running the latest Chrome browser....

Once these issues are fixed, maybe they can fix the biggest annoyance with DA; skipping back or forward takes like 30 seconds to actually happen, and forget dragging the slider bar, it'll just never start playing again

Reactions: TheKrell
Once these issues are fixed, maybe they can fix the biggest annoyance with DA; skipping back or forward takes like 30 seconds to actually happen, and forget dragging the slider bar, it'll just never start playing again

They are officially ruining Dish Anywhere. They started with the PC version and next are the apps. It's now a pain in the ass to play anything from your DVR, a bunch of features are gone and it's generally a much worse situation.

What a shame. :(

My password on Dish does contain one Capital, numbers and a special character. I changed it when all these troubles started based upon previous feedback. You would think you could call Dish and tell them I'm getting Error Number 2009 and they would know what it means! Even if it meant, change your password. All I get is that there are others with the same problem.... SJ

Also, my receiver shows up GREEN. I can see the listings, but when I select it starts to communicate with my receiver and then comes up with error 2009.

It appears that DA is working with both Chrome and the newest Edge version, so there may be hope for Firefox yet...

That's the beta 'Chromium' version of Edge that from what I hear won't be made readily available until sometime next year.

I'm still hoping for support Firefox too. That's my main go to browser. :)

The new player appears to go outside of the network and back in even when on the same LAN.
Noticed mine was buffering more than usual, so I started watching traffic on my router. When streaming, upload and download throughput is pretty much symmetrical.

Great.. now my streaming in my own house counts against my ISP usage caps!

The new player appears to go outside of the network and back in even when on the same LAN. Noticed mine was buffering more than usual, so I started watching traffic on my router. When streaming, upload and download throughput is pretty much symmetrical.

Great.. now my streaming in my own house counts against my ISP usage caps!

The last time one of us had this problem I guessed correctly that the user was accidentally attaching to his neighbor's wifi rather than his own. Can you double-check that both your Hopper and your Disanywhere device are really on the same LAN?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Even with Chrome I can't get the damn thing to go to a channel...keeps saying Test Channel - Your receiver is currently tuned to orbital 110.

I've reset it remotely and same thing no matter what channel I choose.
Anyone have a suggestion here or is this yet another bug or issue they have going on.

Even with Chrome I can't get the damn thing to go to a channel...keeps saying Test Channel - Your receiver is currently tuned to orbital 110.

I've reset it remotely and same thing no matter what channel I choose.
Anyone have a suggestion here or is this yet another bug or issue they have going on.

We have received reports of people still encountering this issue when using Chrome. We definitely want to get your account added to the report for our Engineers to look into. Looking over the reports, I have seen a workaround that has worked for some in the mean time. Instead of using the Guide to select a channel, are you able to use the on-screen remote to tune to a channel to view? -Jasmine D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)