New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

Don't tell me; let me guess. This has to be from the H3 and not a Joey, and you have to Send Status first, before testing the connection. Makes sense... Not!
It wouldn't work on the Joey because the Joey is a client, connected to the Hopper. The Hopper is the Borg and the Joey is just a piece of the collective :p

It wouldn't work on the Joey because the Joey is a client, connected to the Hopper.

I know you're just the messenger, but THIS SUCKS. Yes, I understand that everything is happening from the Hopper. I don't care. The Joey has almost the same interface; they could just enable those parts that the Hopper uses to do these things (scan OTA locals, test bandwidth, etc.) and tell the Hopper to do it. They probably had to bend over backwards to remove those features from the Joey menu. :mad:

I know you're just the messenger, but THIS SUCKS. Yes, I understand that everything is happening from the Hopper. I don't care. The Joey has almost the same interface; they could just enable those parts that the Hopper uses to do these things (scan OTA locals, test bandwidth, etc.) and tell the Hopper to do it.
Actually, I've thought that before. You can run a check switch from TV2 on a VIP Dual Tuner, why not on a Joey?

Because the Joey is very simplistic, it has no computing power.

I was referring to letting it command the Hopper to do the tests, not doing the tests on the Joey itself. Though I'd bet a Joey3 has adequate horsepower to do the bandwidth test itself.
Wouldn't running those functions from a Joey screw up the Hopper viewing for others?

I think there is dedicated bandwidth on the MoCA link, so this test over Ethernet should not interfere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)