New Dishanywhere weirdness

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
On my desktop, it will not play any DVR program, just goes to a live channel of it's own choosing. Also, I can not pick a channel to watch from the guide, keeps playing what it started with. If I input a channel at bottom of screen, I will get the audio, but no video. I've never seen it this whacko!

Reactions: JudH
FWIW I just checked and with Windows 10 and Waterfox I played a DVR recording and it worked properly. I then changed to a live TV channel and it also worked correctly. I know that doesn't mean much as I've had problems before and others have said that there's was working fine. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
On my desktop, it will not play any DVR program, just goes to a live channel of it's own choosing. Also, I can not pick a channel to watch from the guide, keeps playing what it started with. If I input a channel at bottom of screen, I will get the audio, but no video. I've never seen it this whacko!

Yes, I have had that exact thing happen to me many times. Sometimes I can fix it by resetting some combination of receiver/router/computer. Sometimes logging out and back in again helps. Sometimes nothing seems to help, and I just have to wait an hour, or a day, and then it will work again all by itself.

Dish Anywhere is very temperamental, however it has been working better since the last Windows 10 update. The biggest problem for me is that some of my recorded programs do not show up in the list of recorded shows.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I've had other odd behavior: Often, soon after launching it (using Chrome) it won't playback recordings or even go live. Then a message appears in the player stating that I man not logged int, but, of course I am. I have to try to relaunch the player a few more times, but after a few minutes it works properly. So, I've learned to wait a good 2 minutes after launching or more before even attempting anything and attempt to load the player several times before it works as advertised.

Also, sometimes DA will NOT display recordings form over a day or so, and it will show a recording as still in among the DVR display for playback AFTER I had already deleted it at the Hopper one or more days before.

All in all, in may case, it will eventually behave properly after a few minutes and I have been using it everyday at my PC while working and it has been a positive experience, but I do find the few problems quite annoying.

I could not get DA to work on my Win 10 desktop today and I fought with it for about 2 hours before giving up and coming here to see if something was up. Working perfectly on my Win 10 laptop and iPhone 6. Launch the player and every time it just crashes after connecting to the receiver and starting the stream. Gives message: "Plugin has crashed. Please click on REFRESH button to start streaming." When it refreshes it looks like it is connecting and the bar moves across and then it just crashes again. Tried IE and Chrome. Tried uninstalling the program, restarting computer, reinstalling program restarting computer and going again, but keep getting the same crash. If anyone solves this please let us know.

I could not get DA to work on my Win 10 desktop today and I fought with it for about 2 hours before giving up and coming here to see if something was up. Working perfectly on my Win 10 laptop and iPhone 6. Launch the player and every time it just crashes after connecting to the receiver and starting the stream. Gives message: "Plugin has crashed. Please click on REFRESH button to start streaming." When it refreshes it looks like it is connecting and the bar moves across and then it just crashes again. Tried IE and Chrome. Tried uninstalling the program, restarting computer, reinstalling program restarting computer and going again, but keep getting the same crash. If anyone solves this please let us know.
That is the same error that I was getting after installing the Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4013429. However, Microsoft fixed it about a week later with Cumulative Update KB4015438. Have you installed Cumulative Update KB4015438?

I'm trying to watch the Red Sox game on NESN (412-24) via Dishanywhere. I select the game through the guide, and get nothing. When I check the tuners on my HwS, I see that the remote tuner has selected one of the MLBN channels, of which I don't subscribe to. Why is NESN defaulting to MLBN??

Ok I received KB4013429 on 3/19 have not received any updates since then. Updates said no updates available, but when I click search for updates it brought up Cumulative Update KB4015438. It is downloading now. Fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts