New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

If you order..

I don't know if this has been touched on, if you order premium movies along with this "all-HD" pack, do you get all movie channels or just the HD ones? If only HD ones is there a price break?

all the premium movie channels then your going to get them all. SD and HD of the ones available in HD... No price break involved.
Gerry

I posted something similar in another thread but given recent questions, maybe this thread is more appropriate....

The $29.99 dishHD package is not "HD Only".

Besides the HD channels shown on the Dish web site you get...
* all the SD equivalents of the HD channels (even HGTV & Food that have different content)
* all of the SD channels of a Premium Movie package (if you sub the package)
* your SD Locals (if you sub locals)
* the SD Public Interest channels
* the SD Shopping channels
* the SD free previews

You can still watch the SD channels on TV1 or TV2 (e.g. on a 622).

IOW it is simply NOT "HD Only". It is more like "HD Mainly" but with a lot of SD thrown in.

Talon Dancer

I posted something similar in another thread but given recent questions, maybe this thread is more appropriate....

* all the SD equivalents of the HD channels (even HGTV & Food that have different content)
* the SD free previews

IOW it is simply NOT "HD Only". It is more like "HD Mainly" but with a lot of SD thrown in.

Talon Dancer

Well that is not even "HD Mainly" then, sounded to me you get more SD than HD. I don't even know how they struck a deal with the content providers on this one.

I'm glad they include the SD feed for recording SD shows. It could be dish being nice but I wouldn't be surprised if some of their contracts want the SD and HD channels bundled together.

I just tried to change my programming to the dishHD all HD package, but I was told I could not because I am leasing a 622 receiver from them. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

I don't know if it is correct but three or four of them told me the same thing so I just kept calling/contacting via online support until someone changed it for me. I have had it for four or five days now without them changing it back (I got it last Friday and they changed me back to AEP on Saturday).

How is this not available to you guys? It's a qualifying minimum subscription package. Heck I upgrade my dishfamily pack to dishhd and will be leasing a 211 from them, no issues whatsoever. I even signed up for the cinemax .01 for 1 year deal.

I just tried to change my programming to the dishHD all HD package, but I was told I could not because I am leasing a 622 receiver from them. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

I won't give you the gory details of my hour long phone call with them, but it took a request to talk to a supervisor to get it all straightened out. I now sub only to the HD Only package at 29.99 plus tax. If you read through the posts in the couple of related threads on the forum, you will find an interesting variety of reports. The CSR's leave something to be desired in knowing their product. Typically the fault of their management keeping them up to date on the product that they sell.

Joe

Well, I decided to be an early adopter on this one...

According to Noel who was very helpful:
$29.99 for the dishHD stand-alone pack
$05.00 for the locals
$05.98 for the DVR fee
$06.00 for the lease fee
=====
$46.97

I have all the HD channels (of course) with the same channel assignments and mapdowns. SD versions of each channel are also available (i.e. HGTV shows different programming for the SD and HD versions). Locals are still available in SD, as are all the public interest and sky angel channels.

How many receivers you have?

* the SD free previews

Talon Dancer

Which channels are in the SD Public Interest grouping? I am blocked out of CSPAN...

Thanks.

Sean Dudley
Doubtful... I have a leased 622 and was signed up (correctly) on the first try about an hour after it was made available on 2/1. I was no longer under contract (previous one was completed in December), so that may have been a factor. Not only was it simple for me, but I did not incur a new contract or have to pay any fees.

I feel for those who have had trouble, but urge you to be patient and keep trying. It CAN be done! (too bad it is a hassle for some)

OK, thanks for the info, Adam. That doesn't bode well if they changed you back, I guess the option isn't available to me.

Sean

I'm telling you - keep trying and you will eventually get it.

Yes, I was rather pissed when I found out that they put me back on the AEP and did not tell me (and there was no record of me switching the first time in their computer).

I am not getting most of the public interest channels but I am actually afraid to call because I am worried that they will screw it up and I will not have the HD ONLY package any more.. way to go E!

This package has really turned into a mess. Does anyone know (Scott?) what the official deal is with this thing?

Is it only open to new subscribers?

Can you get it with a leased 622?

Can you get public interest channels with it?

I tried to get all of the public interest channels added (I only have some, apparently dish thinks I only have one dish on 110/119 when I have three - no matter how many times I tell them this they still can't get it straight) and eventually called Tech Support. Then tech support tells me that I should not have this pack because it is unavailable to those people leasing a 622.

I have the pack and here is what I had before I upgraded

DishFamily with 1 301 receiver

I called in an leased a 211 on Monday last week
On tuesday, I did live chat and did the Cinemax for .01 deal
Friday I got my 211, activated it through automated system
Called back in after activation and changed to the dishHD package and PI channels with my cinemax deal.

So based on my experience I would have to say
It is open to existing customers
Assume a leased 622 is no different than the 211 with this package (makes no sense why people with a 622 are being singled out)
Yes, you can get PI channels with it.

Seriously, I would definately recommend the live chat over calling in person unless you call early in the morning eastern time(only time I personally can reliably get someone in the US). Plus with live chat, you have a CSR name/id and a transcript of the chat.

It is not a standalone package. The fine print at the bottom says
"dishHD programming is available only in conjunction with the following packages: America’s Top 100, America’s Top 200, America’s Top 250, America’s “Everything” Pak." Am I missing something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts