New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

I would say the answer to the RSN question is, Dish by contract may not be able to offer the RSN's without an AT200 or above package. I'm sure they would allow you to at least buy them if they could.

You should be awarded ownership of SatelliteGuys for the first correct post in this thread.

This thread also gets the award for most totally made up false statements ! Just about every sentence written by jacmyoung in this thread is not only false, but ridiculous.

This one takes the cake for most ridiculous statement ever on this site:
There will be no or very few new HDs added for a long time, probably not until end of this year

:D:D:D:D:D

So E* is launching 3 satellites to lease to D* ???

:eek::eek::eek:

I have never had dish. I had DirecTV long time ago. I currently have nothing. I just have a HDTV and am tempted to get the Dish HD package. I don't watch any SD channels. I know they are advertising $29.99. However, does anyone have realistic actual cost for each month. Also, will I get free installation and hardware too. I would like a HD-DVR - is there an upfront cost for this.

bommai,

After Feb 1, 2008 check the DishNetwork site for Revisions that include the HDOnlyPackage. Beyond the $29.99, you will also have to pay a monthly HDDVR lease fee, HD Local Channels fee(if available and if you want them), and a fee if you do not connect your HDDVR into a phone line or into the internet.

DISH Network -- Dish HD

I have never had dish. I had DirecTV long time ago. I currently have nothing. I just have a HDTV and am tempted to get the Dish HD package. I don't watch any SD channels. I know they are advertising $29.99. However, does anyone have realistic actual cost for each month. Also, will I get free installation and hardware too. I would like a HD-DVR - is there an upfront cost for this.

The HDDVR receiver you'd want is the vip722, and there is no upfront cost to get that one. Yes, basic install is free (up to 4 rooms/tuners, no special wiring needed, etc). In addition to the $29.99, locals are $5(and may not be HD- check with Dish), and there is a $5.98 DVR fee for each DVR. There is also an additional receiver fee of $5 per receiver. You would be charged a $5 fee if you dont keep the receiver continuously connected to a phone line or internet broadband connection.

So, if you're only planning on using one receiver (can be shared in 2 rooms -1st room in HD, 2nd room downconverted to SD over coax) the cost is $29.99+$5(locals)+$5.98(Dvr)+$5 no phone/internet = $45.97+tax

subtract $5 if you dont want locals and subtract $5 if you will have the receiver connetced to phone/internet

I have been trying to convince my wife to go to this; but her question was "will I lose Sirius." I assume she would; but I told her I could subscribe to the "real" SIRIUS and still save money in the end...

This is nice except that I have to have Disney Channel for my kids. When do they have Disney Channel in HD, you know? Also, I heard that Travel Channel is now offer in HD but no one seems to have it. When will DN carry it?

I have been trying to convince my wife to go to this; but her question was "will I lose Sirius." I assume she would; but I told her I could subscribe to the "real" SIRIUS and still save money in the end...
I have a subscription to Sirius and plan on going with this package, too. My hope is that new HD channels come rapidly in 2008. Should be a substantial savings over AEP for me :yes

The HDDVR receiver you'd want is the vip722, and there is no upfront cost to get that one. Yes, basic install is free (up to 4 rooms/tuners, no special wiring needed, etc). In addition to the $29.99, locals are $5(and may not be HD- check with Dish), and there is a $5.98 DVR fee for each DVR. There is also an additional receiver fee of $5 per receiver. You would be charged a $5 fee if you dont keep the receiver continuously connected to a phone line or internet broadband connection.

So, if you're only planning on using one receiver (can be shared in 2 rooms -1st room in HD, 2nd room downconverted to SD over coax) the cost is $29.99+$5(locals)+$5.98(Dvr)+$5 no phone/internet = $45.97+tax

subtract $5 if you dont want locals and subtract $5 if you will have the receiver connetced to phone/internet
Don't forget the lease fee of $6!

In my case, I priced that DVR Advantage 100 w/ Essential HD against the HD Only package:

$39.99 DVR ADVANTAGE 100
$10.00 DISH HD ESSENTIAL
$00.00 LOCALS (INCL W/ DVR ADVANTAGE)
$00.00 DVR FEE (INCL W/ DVR ADVANTAGE)
$06.00 LEASE FEE
=====
$54.99

$29.99 DISH HD ONLY
$05.00 LOCALS
$05.98 DVR FEE
$06.00 LEASE FEE
=====
$46.97

I will only save eight bucks by switching to the HD only, but I really don't watch that much in SD anymore. Now if they would offer an HD Essentials Only package for five to ten dollars less I would have a package that matches my viewing! :D

Regarding the ABUNDANT fees charged by Dish Network:
* the lease fee can be removed if you purchase your equipment outright
* The DVR fee can be removed if you subscribe to one of the DVR Advantage packages
* the second tuner fee can be removed if you keep the received connected via ethernet or phone line

Regarding the ABUNDANT fees charged by Dish Network:
* the lease fee can be removed if you purchase your equipment outright
* The DVR fee can be removed if you subscribe to one of the DVR Advantage packages
* the second tuner fee can be removed if you keep the received connected via ethernet or phone line

Also remember that new and returning E* subs do not pay that $6 leas fee on that first receiver on their account, it is included in their basic package. For extra receivers, $6 for vip HD receivers and $5 for all other receivers is charged weather you own or not. No real advantage for new subs to buy their equipment out right.

Just finished reading through this thread and it sounds like RedSavina and many others are paying a "Leased Receiver Fee" on their one and only receiver.
Way to go Charlie!
:up

Also on the fees, I wonder if he is slowly charging $.49 sales tax to all subscribers? :confused:

Although not for me, this additional programming option will probably keep a few from jumping ship to another provider or providers, especially those who refuse to watch anything that is not in HD. However, for those who also require their regular dose of sports, they will have to stay with what they have, which is better for the investors.

For those who really need the HD and the family programming, you can always set up two accounts:
- DishHD Only for $29.99 with OTA Digitial..... 1866 Main Street
- Dish Family for $19.99 with PI Channels..... 1866 1/2 Main Street
Feed them both through the home distribution system.

Have fun.

I'm very tempted to switch from AT250 + HD to this. 99% of my viewing is locals, TLC, Discovery and Versus. The only reason I have AT250 vs AT100 is Versus - I like the bike racing.

Does anyone know if the SD PPV channels will be accessible via this package? Seems like they wouldn't want to exclude them since they're a revenue source for them. We don't use them a lot, but enough that I'd have to find an alternate source of movies if they're not there... I guess I could always sign up for Netflix (and hook up a computer to the tv to take advantage of their new 'all you can eat' downloads), but the Dish PPV's are nice and simple and I like that I can keep them permanently on the DVR.

Sirius-ly though

I was hoping for this package as I only watch HD, but I now realize we use the music channels a lot. I am sure they would not be included so, I will have to rethink...

Just finished reading through this thread and it sounds like RedSavina and many others are paying a "Leased Receiver Fee" on their one and only receiver.
Way to go Charlie!
:up
While I wish you were correct, paragraph 2.E. of the Residential Customer Agreement seems to indicate otherwise.

Oddly enough, that page has changed format since I posted earlier today. Hmmm...

While I wish you were correct, paragraph 2.E. of the Residential Customer Agreement seems to indicate otherwise.

Oddly enough, that page has changed format since I posted earlier today. Hmmm...
That is hard to believe that they updated a web page.:D In the past, whenever you called Dish and questioned them about something, they go to their cheat sheet item number ##, and tell you their web page is not updated.

However, I thought all accounts with minimal programming that leased receivers got their first receiver free, and if it was a dual tuner, then it was also free provided you had the receiver connected to a phone line, and now a internet connection will save the fee.

Maybe I'm wrong.:confused:

EDIT: Just looked at that link, and although it may be current (but probably not correct), it still needs to be compared to rules that applies to all of the various programming packages and other promotions which differ than it.

Way to go Charlie!:up
Get your facts straight before you reach for that font color...

RedSavina was pricing possibilities not quoting from a bill.

Since February 1, 2007, the first leased receiver is included free with all qualifying packages. As stated earlier, this HD-only package is a qualifying package, so there is no leased receiver fee IF you only have one leased receiver.

Get your facts straight before you reach for that font color...

RedSavina was pricing possibilities not quoting from a bill.

Since February 1, 2007, the first leased receiver is included free with all qualifying packages. As stated earlier, this HD-only package is a qualifying package, so there is no leased receiver fee IF you only have one leased receiver.
kstuart: You are correct that I was pricing possibilities... At the same time, I pretty much know all the charges associated with the DVR Advantage plan since that is what I currently subscribe to. I believe it is a pretty reasonable estimate that I can take my current bill and reduce it by $10 to reflect dropping to the HD Essentials -- which is what I did.

So, that brings us back to the lease fee for the receiver. Since forking over $199 for the privilege of leasing my 622 over 18 months ago I have been paying the lease fee. Originally I was on the Gold package, then the DVR Advantage 200 + HD (2/1/07), now the DVR Advantage 100 + HD. If I am not mistaken, all of these would be considered "qualifying packages". Yet, the Residential Agreement linked to earlier states otherwise.

If you have information to support your statement about qualifying programming, please share! I would love to get a credit from dish for 11 or so months at $5 per month. :D I re-checked my bill and I am definitely being charged the lease fee under the current DVR Advantage package.

(Note: the 211 receiver listed in my sig is not active on the account; hence the italics)

.....So, that brings us back to the lease fee for the receiver. Since forking over $199 for the privilege of leasing my 622 over 18 months ago I have been paying the lease fee.....I would love to get a credit from dish for 11 or so months at $5 per month. :D I re-checked my bill and I am definitely being charged the lease fee under the current DVR Advantage package.
#1: I paid $199 to lease only a 622 for an 18 month Bronze committment starting June 2006 with monthly rebates for DHPP. I was not charged a monthly lease fee.

#2: In December 2007, I changed to the following no committment(autopay&paperless) and no lease fee.
$39.99 DVR Advantage AT100 w/locals
$20.00 DishHD
$05.99 DHPP
$05.00 Access Fee (no land line)
$00.00 Lease Fee (not a line item on my bill)
-------
$70.98

Last edited:
Like JH1949 I lease a 622 with service starting in June 2006 w/ an 18 month commitment. My bill is...
34.99 Digital Home Advantage America's Top 100 w/ Locals
5.99 DHPP*
5.98 Dish DVR Service Fee
20.00 DishHD
-------

There is NO "lease fee" broken out on my bill.

Talon Dancer

* DUH - I was asleep when the DHPP rebate expired :( I dropped this last week. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)