New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

For those who really need the HD and the family programming, you can always set up two accounts:
- DishHD Only for $29.99 with OTA Digitial..... 1866 Main Street
- Dish Family for $19.99 with PI Channels..... 1866 1/2 Main Street
Just get AT100 plus locals plus HD essentials for less money or HD Ultimate for just $5 more than the above.

kstuart: You are correct that I was pricing possibilities...
So, that brings us back to the lease fee for the receiver. Since forking over $199 for the privilege of leasing my 622 over 18 months ago I have been paying the lease fee.
It's all tied to the receiver.
If you obtained your receiver prior to February 1, 2007, then your receiver has lease fees that are specified in the agreement at that time.

However, if you contact the ceo email address, you should be able to get the first leased receiver's lease fee dropped as a "courtesy"... (not likely by phone, btw).

It's all tied to the receiver.
If you obtained your receiver prior to February 1, 2007, then your receiver has lease fees that are specified in the agreement at that time.

However, if you contact the ceo email address, you should be able to get the first leased receiver's lease fee dropped as a "courtesy"... (not likely by phone, btw).
And replace it with an additional receiver fee ;)

HD only - What birds do they reside on?

Living in the PacNW I was wondering if any/which of these channels are coming from 129? As attractive as this bundle sounds, if I'm going to need a SETI-project sized dish in my yard to get the signal, I'll pass.

Bill

129 mirrors 61.5, right? If so, the vast majority of these channels should be available. I'm in a situation where I only have LOS to 61.5. Life was OK on the older HD plans at $20/month. But the recent jump to near $50 (with required programming) really sucked. This plan makes me much happier.

So can someone please help me figure out what it will cost me to go to this package with locals and with two leased 622's. I am sick of the price-creep that my bill seems to be doing (well over a hundred bucks a month now for AEP with locals) over the past few years and I am thinking that now may be the time for the whole family to bite the bullet and switch down to something more reasonable.

As I understand it I will have to pay $6.98 for each DVR. Is that it?

If I get this package. I wonder if I receive all locals in my area. Not just the big 4 networks. Even if they are sd. I put my address for locals in my area on the Dish web page and I would get 8. That is counting the big 4 which are hd. The other 4 are in sd.

Its actually appealing regardless.

$35-40 less than my D* or Cable bill would be and I'm only missing a couple of channels. Locals in SD kinda suck, but that's a big price difference. Could always continue OTA use. My move to Va in April is gonna entail an interesting programming decision.

Right now, Id have to say Cox, this Dish package and then D*. If Dish adds SciFi and FX by then, it would prob move them to the top.

Did some messing on Dishbuilder using the current $29.99 package:

$29.99 package
$5.00 locals
$5.98 dvr fee
($5.00 if not connected)

So:

$40.97

or

$45.97

plus tax.

This would make this roughly $35 less than Id pay anyone else which is very appealing. Cant wait till they roll it out and see how it goes.

I am a brand new prospective dish customer. Here are my requirements.

1) Dish HD package ($29.99)
2) 1 HD-DVR - I have only one TV that I need dish on. It will be connected to internet or phone
3) I am still deciding on the locals.

My questions:

1) Is there an upfront cost to procuring the HD-DVR with this $29.99 package?
2) Is there a lease fee for the DVR every month?
3) I have heard the DVR fee of $5.98? Is that applicable for a single receiver too?
4) Can I use the OTA tuner in the HD-DVR if I don't subscribe to the locals?
5) Is there a fee for installation? Any charge for the dish itself? Will the dish be one of the newer multi LNB dish?
6) Will the installer run a new coax inside the house. I have one coax going to the basement that my Comcast cable modem is hooked up to. I don't want to diplex it and lose signal strength.
7) What will my total be? I assume without locals it will be just $29.99 (package) + $5.98 (DVR fee). With locals, it will be $5.00 higher. Is this correct?

1) Is there an upfront cost to procuring the HD-DVR with this $29.99 package?
2) Is there a lease fee for the DVR every month?
3) I have heard the DVR fee of $5.98? Is that applicable for a single receiver too?
4) Can I use the OTA tuner in the HD-DVR if I don't subscribe to the locals?
5) Is there a fee for installation? Any charge for the dish itself? Will the dish be one of the newer multi LNB dish?
6) Will the installer run a new coax inside the house. I have one coax going to the basement that my Comcast cable modem is hooked up to. I don't want to diplex it and lose signal strength.
7) What will my total be? I assume without locals it will be just $29.99 (package) + $5.98 (DVR fee). With locals, it will be $5.00 higher. Is this correct?

1. I dont think there is any reason to believe that you wouldnt get a vip722 with no upfront cost like people who subscribe to any of the other packages.
2. No lease fee on your first receiver.
3. Yes, $5.98 currently
4. Yes, but you wont get guide data. Guide would just display 'digital service' for local channels. you can set manual timers to record locals. If you record locals a lot, IMO, def worth the $5 to subscribe to locals. Also, if you do subscribe, you can record 3 locals at once - two from sat, and one from OTA tuner.
5. Depends on how you want things installed. Free installs typically provide for only exterior wall penetrations and cables run along the baseboards. There will likely be extra cost if you want wall fishes, etc. Check with your installer- prob a good idea to find a referral to a reputable local E* retailer. No charge for dish itself. Yes, likely to get a 1000.2 single dish since you live in MO that'll point at the 110, 119 and 129 sats.
6. Yes.
7. Yes, correct.

What if you want to add a premium service? Would you get all the HBO's or just HBO HD? What about locals? Would you only get HD locals, or would you get SD locals as well?

I did the online chat with a Dish csr. I was hoping to get some info. on this package. He said they cannot release any details until Feb.1. Oh well. I gave it a shot. So we wait just one more week.:)

Jesus H Christ they launch a great idea of having an all HD package and then turn around and totally F*** it up by not letting you say pay an extra $5.00 to get your local RSN or subscribe to a sports package like NBA League Pass or NHL Center Ice!!!!

MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess, it's contractual.. or possibly strategic.. This is very much a toe in the water move, If it's a hit, and thousands upon thousands are screaming that they just want this and RSN's that gives Dish the ability to do one of those "you asked for it, you got it" lines at team summit which translated means: " we shoulda done it in the first place, so here it finally is"

...I have FBN on cable and I really enjoy it. I guess I am one of the 6,900 daily viewers of the channel during the weekdays. I'm so cool. I have my FBN and Fox News and love them both.

I'm a huge Dave Ramsey fan, so Fox Business is very important to me. I'm going to gamble on the Fox Business being added in HD at some point. I think It's going to happen when the new birds go up because it's easily compressible, and when they have the bandwidth they will go nuts proclaiming to the world they have the most HD channels. It's a guess and a gamble, but in my opinion, it's not too off the wall. The only other HD channel that's as important to me is HD Travel, but that just launched, so who knows when that will get around to all the MSO's.

If I were to subscribe to the HD Only package plus locals, would I receive all the locals (SD and HD) on the non-HD receivers (in addition to my 622)? Or would I be able to receive only the SD locals on the SD receivers with the HD version of the locals being available only on my 622 and the SD versions of these channels not available?

I can get by with the new HD package (+ locals) if I can still get all the locals on the SD receivers...

BTW, I think it sucks that I can't switch to this new package until my CI package has expired (May/June 08). I think CI subscribers should be grandfathered for the rest of the season since we have already paid for the future NHL HD games...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)