New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

Love this package. I just switched to it from the Top 200 (8 years). I loose all the standard I didn't watch, picked up NGHD, SCIHD and VS HD. Took the money I'm saving and had Direct Installed. Thanks Charlie.

Take that Charlie.:D

I did the same thing with U-verse and my bill is almost exactly the same. First time I've ever had two providers and well worth it. I thought Charlie's "plan" was for these kinds of things to happen. Bkush and I both kept Dish when otherside we would have dropped them outright. And I really doubt Dish would take a loss on this package so they must be making some money off of us.

I did the same thing with U-verse and my bill is almost exactly the same. First time I've ever had two providers and well worth it. I thought Charlie's "plan" was for these kinds of things to happen. Bkush and I both kept Dish when otherside we would have dropped them outright. And I really doubt Dish would take a loss on this package so they must be making some money off of us.

For now. The channels pretty much mirror Direct so VOOM channels are all I'm getting from Dish that I can't from Direct.

And yes the Direct DVR not quite a 622 but they have a much better VOD system, just like cable where you can download free shows, videos, etc. Just downloaded the whole season of Californication. Both have their pros and cons but for me programming is more important then the DVR functionality.

hd for $29.95

Just did the change over. It was totally painless. I used the chat on line.I think I will also use the extra money and go to direct.

I've tried several times to change to this package, calls and chats, keeping getting you're not eligible, only available as new package. Damn! My commitment is over. Here's my latest chat.

(03) Diana B: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
Me: I was wondering if I could change my programming package to the HD only pack?
(03) Diana B: I understand your concern.
(03) Diana B: However, HD Standalone pack can be added to the account at the time of initial installation.
(03) Diana B: As you already have basic package on the account HD Standalone pack cannot be added as of now.
Me: So there is no way I can switch to the HD only pack and keep my locals and premium channels.
(03) Diana B: Correct.
(03) Diana B: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
(03) Diana B: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me: I'm a member of Satellite guys, and several of the members have switched. Are you sure?
(03) Diana B: However, you can downgrade to HD Essential pack which is $10.00 per month.
(03) Diana B: Yes, I am sure that HD Standalone pack cannot be added to the account if there already basic pack on the account.
(03) Diana B: HD Standalone pack can be added only at initial installation.
Me: That's not the point. I like all the channels i HD I have now. I simply don't watch SD programming any more.
(03) Diana B: I understand it.
Me: Thanks for your help.
(03) Diana B: You are welcome.
(03) Diana B: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me: Nope, guess not.
(03) Diana B: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day

Love this package. I just switched to it from the Top 200 (8 years). I loose all the standard I didn't watch, picked up NGHD, SCIHD and VS HD. Took the money I'm saving and had Direct Installed. Thanks Charlie.

Just did the exact same thing, got Direct installed last Wed and while I think their button layout is a little confusing (the jump forward, jump back and live buttons are better on Dish) and the lack of a remote that goes threw walls is an issue I have so far been impressed with the picture quality and love having a second HD DVR attached to the HD LCD out in the game room.

Only other issue is no Auto Tune setting so you have to record everything when all I really want sometimes is for it to change the channel.

All of the bad stuff is trumped by the fact I'm watching NESN in HD and we get the baseball pack again which we missed last year. MLB.TV has serious quality issues and not signing up will almost pay for the whole superfan and baseball pack on Direct. I'll keep this Dish receiver with Cinemax for as long as possible but if it doesn't work out I'll drop them after 12 great years.

I just signed up for this today.. took a few attempts to get it.. the first two attempts were done by chats... no go.. said I must be a new customer... third attempt I called. It was not a problem at all. I should also mention something else... I have seen some who were discouraged that the HD Standalone Pack would not work with some of the sports packs... I was going to bite the bullet.. as I had already subscribed to the NBA League Pass. I was very surprised that I still have it. I cannot say whether it will work with any others or not... but I am pleased to see I can still have the League Pass with it. ( I have the HD Stand Alone Pack + Locals + HBO + Showtime + League Pass.)

Super Dish or Dish 500

I am a first time dish customer. Just got my installation done a week ago. I got the Dish HD package. The installer got me the Dish 500 3-LNB dish. I have the VIP-722 receiver and I have signed up for 2 year commitment.

I asked the installer if it would be better to install the Super Dish (one of my neighbors told me about it), since I might be interested in International programming in a few months. He said that Dish does not allow him to install that unless I already signed up for the international programming. Is this true? I don't want another service call if and when I upgrade my programming to include international programming. I am still within the 90 day satisfaction for the installation. Should I get this resolved now? Is is possible?

I've tried several times to change to this package, calls and chats, keeping getting you're not eligible, only available as new package. Damn! My commitment is over. Here's my latest chat.

I just switched, lowering my bill by like $30. I'm not getting DTV, just lower price for the channels I watch anyway (all HD). I did this through the chat, initially they ADDED HD, so my bill went UP somehow $29.99...then I said no drop HD Ultimate and I ONLY want the Dish HD pack for 29.99...about 5 minutes of research, finally got switched, kept locals and the 1 penny Cinemax deal. I just hope what shows up on my bill is what I agreed to in the chat!

You should try again - you should be able to switch.

Don't go through tech support. They definitely told me that I could not get the HD only package and tried to make me remove it (I hung up and I still have it a couple of weeks later). I was trying to call to get all of the public interest channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)