New DishHD Packages to be added February

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This sucks for sure. I'm fine with the new Voom being in MPEG 4, but the fact that ESPN 2 will be that way too really pisses me off. I lease a 942 now, and if the change over to a VIP 622 isn't easy and cheap I'm gone. I'm not going to pay another $300 to lease a 622 when I just paid $250 to lease a 942 5 months ago. Period

So I guess all that talk of Atlanta HD Locals in January was all BS.....Who would have thunk it????

E* has never lied before have they??? (NOTICE: VERY HEAVY SARCASM IN THIS QUESTION)

It would also appear that on Feb 1st, to get HD, you have to pay $20... no option to do HD without Voom. Please tell me I'm wrong....

Didn't Charlie say all new HD content will be in MPEG 4 on the last Charlie Chat?

lakebum431 said:
This sucks for sure. I'm fine with the new Voom being in MPEG 4, but the fact that ESPN 2 will be that way too really pisses me off. I lease a 942 now, and if the change over to a VIP 622 isn't easy and cheap I'm gone. I'm not going to pay another $300 to lease a 622 when I just paid $250 to lease a 942 5 months ago. Period

That is my feeling. ESPN2 and Universal should have been in MPEG2. I can live with the new VOOMs and Locals in MPEG4, but they could at least have thrown us a bone and given us those two in MPEG2.

I sent a email to the CEO email address. I documented everything they told me when I leased the DVR942, which was they would provide a the upgrade at no charge. Remember as a VOOM customer we also paid the $100 for the Dish 61.5 ontop the $250 lease fee.

A summary of this weeks great (cough) news
Lifetime gone
dvr fees going up
package prices going up
HD prices going up
HD Locals only to new subs
New HD programing only to new subs....

I am so glad to be an existing customer...... Who owns a door stop in my 921

MR CORVETTE said:
I sent a email to the CEO email address. I documented everything they told me when I leased the DVR942, which was they would provide a the upgrade at no charge. Remember as a VOOM customer we also paid the $100 for the Dish 61.5 ontop the $250 lease fee.
That is why I leased it also. You buy and then you get stuck wth old equipment that nobody wants.

This news release about MPEG 4 and VOOM -- is this a case of 12 miners lived and one died or 12 miners died and one lived?
Can there be a class-action lawsuit somewhere along the line? FAlse Advertising all along.

brian24740 said:
The ViP211(TM) HD satellite receiver, the first model in the ViP series that supports both MPEG4 and MPEG2, is available through DISH Network for only $49.99 for new lease customers.

--
I own a 811 right now......so I would be a NEW LEASE CUSTOMER....correct? $49.99and I get rid of my 811....sounds like a good deal to me. Let me ask now.....is it likely that we have to wait for an installation date or could we upgrade and order the 211 and pick it up from a Dish retailer? How will this work?

The press release mentions the ViP211 and ViP622. What about the 411 that is available from the Dish Store? My dishes see 119, 110 and 61.5. Is that going to be good enough? I am a lease customer (with an 811) that re-started service in May 2004.

The press release mentions the ViP211 and ViP622. What about the 411 that is available from the Dish Store? My dishes see 119, 110 and 61.5. Is that going to be good enough? I am a lease customer (with an 811) that re-started service in May 2004.

I'm not gonna scream for a couple more weeks.

Hopefully there will be a reasonable upgrade.

DISH REALLY SHOULD MAKE THIS DESICION AND ANNOUNCE THE CURRENT CUSTOMER NOW !!!

Overall, the sooner we get to mpeg4 the better. E* gets more channel capacity and we get more recording time / gig.

What about 811's?

I have 2 leased 811's do/will they get this mpeg4? or do they have to be exchanged as well?

Have the 2 dishs already, one for the 61.5 and the other for the 110 & 129...

I have to say that I am not very happy about this latest development. I just leased by 942 a month and a half ago for $250 and now it looks like I am stuck with it for 16.5 more months! I hope they offer some kind of upgrade program short of me spending $300 more for another 'lease'. I have to say that I WON'T do it. I don't mind spending the money but I would like to have it last for more than 1.5 months and not be obsolete.

I am going to be extra pissed if they start charging more for HD packages and then don't let me get the extra channels.

denmarkdave52 said:
I have 2 leased 811's do/will they get this mpeg4? or do they have to be exchanged as well?
Have the 2 dishs already, one for the 61.5 and the other for the 110 & 129...

Nope, the 811 doesn't/won't do mpeg 4...

Assume you mean one @61.5 and one @110/119... but that makes no diff to getting mpeg4....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)