New Dishnetwork.com website is up!

Were your bills generated on Feb. 1 or later?

When I say used to be, I mean prior to the price change. After Feb. 1, one of my $5 receivers will go to $10 (a 510 DVR) and another receiver will go to $7.00 (a 501 PVR).

I won't get a new bill generated for a couple days yet.

I was finally able to get in at 10:30 central tonight. I found something I must have missed in all the price increase threads. They are now charging 20 bucks to drop adult channels. I guess I won't be adding those and dropping after a couple of months anymore.

I was expecting them to increase the price of that since a lot of people probably just record the content on their DVR then drop it in a month or two. If someone wants this service for just one month then they are going to pay up as much as $45-50. OUCH! That is still cheaper than keeping the service for month after month or getting them as PPV's. They must have a LOT of people signing up and then dropping the service if they are charging such fees.

Isn't there another service that offers nothing but adult channels or has it been canned?

My additional receiver fees were $5.00.

Subtract $2.00 from the total and you will end up with the correct total. But from now on there is no more 5.00 for additional receiver. All receivers ,both sd and hd will start at one 7.00 price. But if you want I will post the sd receivers below:

Additional solo receiver $5.00 + Tv 2 connection fee n/a + dvr fee n/a= $7.00 (+2.00)
Additional solo dvr $5.00 + Tv 2 connection fee n/a + dvr fee $5.98= $10.00 ( -$0.98)
Additional duo receiver $5.00 + Tv 2 connection fee $5.00 + dvr fee n/a = $14.00 ( +$4.00)
Additional duo dvr $5.00 + Tv 2 connection fee $5.00 + dvr fee $5.98 = $17.00 (+$1.02)

Last edited:
I'm still having trouble logging on to Dish. I got in under IE7 and changed my ID to my email and changed my password, but when I try using Firefox, I can't log on. How long do you think it will take Dish to fix the site?
Ghpr13:confused:

Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv2 connection fee $5.00 + Dvr service fee $5.98= $17.00 for HD duo dvrs. ( no change)
Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv2 connection fee $0.00 + Dvr service fee $5.98= $10.00 for HD solo dvrs. (- 2.98)
Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv2 connection fee $5.00 + Dvr service fee $0.00= $14.00 for HD duo receivers. (+2.00)
Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv2 connection fee $0.00 + Dvr service fee $0.00= $ 7.00 for HD solo receivers. (no change)

Thanks for the breakdown, but I am only paying $5 apiece for a 501D and 625 now, nothing on the 722, so it looks like there will be an increase for me. From $10 total for three DVRs to . . . my 722 will be the first and not counted and the second and third are a 625 and a 501D not on your list. So I still have no idea what I will be paying in "fees". The calculator does not give me an accurate "old" figure, +$15, and if I run it with what I can make close to my plan, I'll only be +$5.01. That is after you - the $15 difference. If not, I'll be +$20.01 per month. that means dropping HBO & Showtime. Of which I told HBO I was dropping them to make up for the increased fees. They were not happy. But still I am completely, well mostly confused. I was lucky enough to have my last bill cut on the 27 of January. So I got a month reprieve. But after looking at our premium channel viewing habits, we will not miss the premiums. Plus we have Netflix, CinemaNow, Vudu and hopefully more with the next LG firmware update.

I'm using Firefox and have had no problems at all.g

What version? I get the left half of the Flash on the main page split down the middle and shoved all the way to the right. They don't have their alignment tags set properly. The top and bottom HTML are intact for the most part, but still out of whack. Once past the main page it's OK for the most part. The interior pages are not being renovated/changed as they did the main page, but updated. If I can get around the main page I'm fine using Firefox 3.5.7 and 3.6. Not Safari and they stopped supporting IE for the Mac years ago. So it won't support all the new features that they are installing. No issues with the Tech Portal.

I'm using Firefox and have had no problems at all.g

What version? I get the left half of the Flash on the main page split down the middle and shoved all the way to the right. They don't have their alignment tags set properly. The top and bottom HTML are intact for the most part, but still out of whack. Once past the main page it's OK for the most part. The interior pages are not being renovated/changed as they did the main page, but updated. If I can get around the main page I'm fine using Firefox 3.5.7 and 3.6. Not Safari and they stopped supporting IE for the Mac years ago. So it won't support all the new features that they are installing. No issues with the Tech Portal.

Yaz96 & SandFarmer,
I was using FF 3.5.7 and just updated last night to 3.6. It keeps telling me my info is invalid, but when I click on the link for "forgot password", it takes me to a page that states "it's down due to technical difficulties". Another problem I have is I use a program called RoboForms to manage my passwords, and after trying to use it on the new Dish site, it retains the Dish url somehow and when I try to log in on another site, RoboForms prompts me that the url of the site I'm trying to log into doesn't match, and it displays the url from the Dish site. I've been using RoboForms for years and never had this problem. I have to shutdown FF and reopen it to correct this problem...weird!
Ghpr13:confused:

Thanks for the breakdown, but I am only paying $5 apiece for a 501D and 625 now, nothing on the 722, so it looks like there will be an increase for me. From $10 total for three DVRs to . . . my 722 will be the first and not counted and the second and third are a 625 and a 501D not on your list. So I still have no idea what I will be paying in "fees".

A 501 will be charged $7.00, at least that is what I was told as it doesn't fit any any bucket they have published.
A 625 is a SD Duo DVR which will get charged $17.00

So you are seeing a $14 increase in fees on those two receivers. If you were not getting AEP, then you were also seeing a $5 DVR fee on the 625
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...t-recap-january-14-2010-a-11.html#post2074705

A 501 will be charged $7.00, at least that is what I was told as it doesn't fit any any bucket they have published.
A 625 is a SD Duo DVR which will get charged $17.00

So you are seeing a $14 increase in fees on those two receivers. If you were not getting AEP, then you were also seeing a $5 DVR fee on the 625
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...t-recap-january-14-2010-a-11.html#post2074705

Thanks for the clarification. But when I went to your link, the chart that Scott posted shows pre-2/1/10 fees is still not what I have been paying.

SoloDVR $5+$5.98 have been paying $5 will be $10
DuoDVR $5+$5+$5.98= $15.98 have been paying $5 will be $17
It looks like I'll be paying $17 more a month. That is if the complete new fee structure is applied. If so, bye-bye HBO & Showtime. I'll put the extra cash into Netflix, CinemaNow & Vudu.

Thanks for the clarification. But when I went to your link, the chart that Scott posted shows pre-2/1/10 fees is still not what I have been paying.

SoloDVR $5+$5.98 have been paying $5 will be $10
DuoDVR $5+$5+$5.98= $15.98 have been paying $5 will be $17
It looks like I'll be paying $17 more a month. That is if the complete new fee structure is applied. If so, bye-bye HBO & Showtime. I'll put the extra cash into Netflix, CinemaNow & Vudu.

I don't doubt the chart is wrong. Dish doesn't know WTF they are doing. But that doesn't seem like it's new. they just pretend that anyone that doesn't fit in their round peg can just deal with it.

I don't doubt the chart is wrong. Dish doesn't know WTF they are doing. But that doesn't seem like it's new. they just pretend that anyone that doesn't fit in their round peg can just deal with it.

Talk about misshapen pegs, their new way of "servicing" equipment, such as no roofs, mine has been up there since 1994, when I had to do my own install because at that time they only did one receiver, one TV. I had 6 TVs, they freaked. So now it's all self service since they want to put a tie-off in a place that would put 20 feet of rope right on top of them after they landed on the ground. I had to laugh. Guess that's why the guy ran off and a field supervisor showed a half an hour later. Now this guy was great. He noticed that the mount for the 1000.2 was working loose and told me that this dish catches the wind differently and places more stress on the mount. So I have to fix it before we pull the 1000.2 to put the old 500 back up with my other 500 and a switch. Was also told that the 1000.2 doesn't work for everyone in all areas. So back to square one where I had two 500's and a switch and solid mounts.

Last edited:
I'd like to congratulate DISH's web design team on finally ditching the chapter treatment of the receiver operator's manuals. They are now stored as a single file for each receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)