New DPP Twins are here!

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
My warehouse has recieved a new shipment of DPP Twins... I have yet to use one!

Here's the scoop, apparently a dual tuner will not work with them off the get go, when you run check switch the matrix will show errors (Red X). Some co-workers have found if they run the check switch with a DP Dual then let it take the software download.... then finally replacing the Dual with the DPP Twin it'll recognize the twin.

Going by that I am assuming you *must* have the latest and greatest software in order for them to work.

Personally for now I have no confidence in them, maybe later on... :rolleyes:

This is nothing new. We have had this software problem for at least 2 weeks.

All you have to do is hook up the receiver and let it lock on 119. Then using both remotes turn the receiver off. It will then download the new software. After it comes back up you can do a check switch and you are good to go.

You can use the DPP twin for all of this, you don't have to use a dual or anything like that.

This is nothing new. We have had this software problem for at least 2 weeks.

All you have to do is hook up the receiver and let it lock on 119. Then using both remotes turn the receiver off. It will then download the new software. After it comes back up you can do a check switch and you are good to go.

You can use the DPP twin for all of this, you don't have to use a dual or anything like that.
Just a minute....I believe the remotes will not communicate with ther receiver until the initial sftware download.In other words, before the receiver takes the download, you cannnot turn the box off with the remotes....625 will take an initial dowload after he dish is peaked but before thew checkswitch is performed...I have not seen a 322 take download until after the check switch is performed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)