New Drive, No Network Logos?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I just bought a new hard drive to upgrade my SD-DVR40 DirecTiVo to 140 hrs. The only problem I am noticing is the channel logos are gone from the banner and guide, and have not comeback (yet). For example, the NBC peakcock, the CBS eye, and all the other broadcast and cable logos are not on my software. Will they return soon? Do they come with a service download or something? I got the upgrade through weaKnees.

The upgrade kits.....
IIRC, you have to do a Clear and Delete after installing?

That procedure whips out the Channel Logos.

The TiVo (or maybe just the DTivo units), only download the Logo files during a software update (not a normaly service download)

Thus, there is no way to get them back (via menu options or anything like that).
There are some methods you can do to "hack" them in though.

If you already have 6.2 then you are at the lastest version, and you can't.

The only way to get around that is to get an image of a 3.1 version, install that on the drive (Which will erase everything on it).

Let it update to 6.2... Then re-expand the drive to use the full 140hrs.
Then you will have all your icons.

Other than that, you can do some searchs for doing some "slips" of the software, and try to update the icon files.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)