New Dual Tuner OTA Adapter

So the other day I went on Amazon and searched for dish single OTA tuner. One popped up so I ordered it. My thoughts were if using a USB extension didn't solve my dual tuner ota issue with losing total signal and having to reboot the hopper than I was gonna just go back to a single OTA tuner(I had already sold my original single on eBay). The box arrived and what I got wasn't a single tuner but a new dual ota tuner in dish packaging. I didn't remember my first one coming in dish packaging. So at first I was a little upset that Amazon shows a picture of the old single tuner and what I got was a dual. Than I thought why not just try this new dual tuner out. I hooked it up powered down the hopper. It took a little longer than usual to boot up. Well the new one is working just fine. Maybe I had a faulty one? Maybe heat damaged it? I don't know but it's been running since 3 this afternoon and haven't had any channel drop out or had to do any reboot.

Link?

Yes the Joey guide matches the hopper guide that it is connected to. Remember that the Joey is only a slave and the hopper is actually doing the tuning.

FWIW i gave up on the dual tuner adapter. and am back to the single tuner. I was high on it particularly when I saw it work well ina friend's installation but I would up giving up a significant number of stations (though signal strength seemed similar) and that outweighed the convenience of the second tuner.

In a case of what I felt was a Dongle about to go bad or already defective, Mark over at Dish Depot was awesome exchanging out my 6mon. old one for a new one. This one now works like it should. Wish Hauppauge made these things a little better. Props again to Mark & DD.

FWIW, your mention of Dish Depot's customer service (one of many mentions of them I've read on this forum) prompted me to order a dual tuner USB OTA adapter from them this week as opposed to ordering one on eBay...well, that and I found out they're just a few hours away from me on the west coast of Florida...located in Ft. Myers on Palm Beach Blvd.

So the address REALLY rung my karma bell, because I live on the east coast of Florida in Palm Beach County. But it's not until you drive wayyyyyy out west in the middle of the state (pretty much out of Palm Beach) that SR 80 becomes Palm Beach Blvd. - which I sort of understand, because SR 80 is a boring name and you wouldn't want to call it "Middle of F'ing Nowhere Blvd.", which while technically is a more accurate name, seems far less flattering. Ft. Myers is nice, though, and apparently they call it that there also.

Ironically, here in Palm Beach County, SR 80 is referred to as Southern Blvd., which is even MORE ironic, because it's not southern to the county - quite the opposite - it's the exact middle of the county, and in fact all addresses are calculated by their distance from Southern Blvd (or the beach - depends on where your front door is).

I found it all too coincidental, multiplied by irony + good references = had to order from them.

FWIW, your mention of Dish Depot's customer service (one of many mentions of them I've read on this forum) prompted me to order a dual tuner USB OTA adapter from them this week as opposed to ordering one on eBay...well, that and I found out they're just a few hours away from me on the west coast of Florida...located in Ft. Myers on Palm Beach Blvd.

So the address REALLY rung my karma bell, because I live on the east coast of Florida in Palm Beach County. But it's not until you drive wayyyyyy out west in the middle of the state (pretty much out of Palm Beach) that SR 80 becomes Palm Beach Blvd. - which I sort of understand, because SR 80 is a boring name and you wouldn't want to call it "Middle of F'ing Nowhere Blvd.", which while technically is a more accurate name, seems far less flattering. Ft. Myers is nice, though, and apparently they call it that there also.

Ironically, here in Palm Beach County, SR 80 is referred to as Southern Blvd., which is even MORE ironic, because it's not southern to the county - quite the opposite - it's the exact middle of the county, and in fact all addresses are calculated by their distance from Southern Blvd (or the beach - depends on where your front door is).

I found it all too coincidental, multiplied by irony + good references = had to order from them.
DD must have moved recently. They used to be in Naples on Tamiami Tr. Used to drive by the building they were in when we go down to our home there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)