New Duplicate +Channels Appearing in Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
JerseyMatt said:
Nope, my H21 has never been used for CE. IAMANEDGECUTTER is not activated on that one, yet it has the + channels.

Hmm that means any random group of subscribers would see them then. I wonder how call center reps answer the question if it comes up?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Honestly I'm guessing that they banked on the fact that a large majority of subscribers have a custom list in operation and will never even notice it.

JerseyMatt said:
Honestly I'm guessing that they banked on the fact that a large majority of subscribers have a custom list in operation and will never even notice it.

Yup, I use custom lists exclusively. Only noticed it during hurricane Irene when I needed to unhide SD Duplicates to get around Ka band rain fade.

Yup, I use custom lists exclusively. Only noticed it during hurricane Irene when I needed to unhide SD Duplicates to get around Ka band rain fade.

That's also why they install the banner ads into the guide announcing new channels and new HD, because otherwise if you run a custom list (and aren't among the ranks here or dbstalk), you'd never even know they came online.

I have SD duplicates showing and the IAMANEDGECUTTER code activated. I have an HR-24-100 and the + channels are not showing here. ah well.

That's also why they install the banner ads into the guide announcing new channels and new HD, because otherwise if you run a custom list (and aren't among the ranks here or dbstalk), you'd never even know they came online.

I believe NEW channels pop into your Custom guide when they go Live, people have complained when that happens as well.

Jimbo said:
I believe NEW channels pop into your Custom guide when they go Live, people have complained when that happens as well.

ShortsHD is completely new and I had to manually add it. When the extra HBO's went HD, I had to fix my list too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)