NEW EA MARKETS NOV 19

Woohoo Harrisburg :clap

I hope it's put on 61.5 as well, but unfortunately I don't think the 61.5 spots line up good for the whole market, so we'll probably get put on 72.7 or 77.

The spots don't line up for the whole Scranton market but that didn't stop them from putting it on 61.5.

On the other hand, if they have a beam that covers the Harrisburg market, they should've used that to cover the southwestern part of the Scranton market since they put Scranton up before they even announced Harrisburg.

On the third hand :D putting any markets on one of the EA birds at this time is offensive to existing customers since existing customers can't order EA yet. But then Dish seems to be really really good at offending their existing customers.

Easy fix if they move Scranton to 77.

If they were going to put it on 77, they shouldn't have put it on 61.5. I wonder if it will be moved to 77 after they get more than 1 channel...

You just got two of your HD stations on 77 by the way.

Does this mean that all new customers will be going to EA even if they do not subscribe to HD services? My guess is that they wont put EA in unless they are going to subscribe to HD. If that is not the case then that is stupid that they are not putting everyone on new MPEG-4 equipment in the new markets unless they have an equipment shortage. They will just have to go back later and swap the dish and receivers which costs them even more money. I know of some people that cannot get their locals because of the poor line of site issues to 129 in this area and needs EA to get their locals. Will they be subjected to the HD fee even if they do not need HD if they need that slot for their locals? I was also wondering if existing subscribers would be able to receive the HD locals from the other satellite if you bought your own dish to point at the slot to pick them up.

Now I know another reason why Dish Network is losing subscribers, they only let new customers use EA while DirecTv probably lets existing subscribers get their locals in HD when they roll out.

I subscribe to the HD channels and an international channel. I previously had 2 Dish 500s that received 110/119 and 61.5, but they recently moved my international channel to 118.7. On 8/30 they replaced my 500s(I still have the 500s in the garage) with a 1000 plus connected to a DPP44 switch that receives 110/118.7/119/129. I have only one receiver (ViP622 with new smartcard installed). I now see that they are going to have Lexington, KY locals in HD at the 77 location. Is it possible to receive 77 in addition to my current setup? Possibly with one of the 500s I have? Will I need another switch? Or will I have to eventually move to the eastern arc and use a 500 to point to 118.7? I have read that 61.5 has better reception than 129, but I have not had any troubles with my current setup. I would just like to add the Lexington locals in HD when they become available.

If they were going to put it on 77, they shouldn't have put it on 61.5. I wonder if it will be moved to 77 after they get more than 1 channel...

You just got two of your HD stations on 77 by the way.
Maybe they thought the spot on 61.5 would work, and were wrong.

We actually got 3 of them.
5170(27) - WHTM [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar4 77W TP 01 South ConUS beam (NA)(Harrisburg, PA)
5172(8) - WGAL [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar4 77W TP 01 South ConUS beam (NA)(Lancaster, PA)
5173(43) - WPMT [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar4 77W TP 01 South ConUS beam (NA)(York, PA)
Unfortunately the missing one is WHP, who carries the Steelers. Oh well, at least I can get it OTA.

Now this weekend I'll add 72 & 77 to my mix, and then be ready for the 19th.

Now this weekend I'll add 72 & 77 to my mix, and then be ready for the 19th.

Are there instructions out there somewhere that show how to do this? I understand that it won't work until I receive a smartcard, right? I have two 500's on my roof for 110/119 and 61.5.

Ken

Are there instructions out there somewhere that show how to do this? I understand that it won't work until I receive a smartcard, right? I have two 500's on my roof for 110/119 and 61.5.
Yes, your receivers need the new smartcards. I'm still waiting on mine, but I figure I'll repoint this weekend before the weather gets too much colder.

As for what is needed, a Dish 1000.4 is needed to get 77 along with 61.5 & 77.
If you don't have that, you could point a Dish 500 to both 61.5 & 72.7 and use another one for just 77.

THEY WILL PROBABLY CONVERT YOU OVER TO EA, MIGHT HAVE TO ASK SCOTT TO CONFIRM THAT. 61.5 LOCALS NOW.
Nope the customer rep said we have to wait until feb. Easter arch is for new customers only. That suck you wait forever for your HD locals and when they are available they tell you you can't get them now. Maby this will change.

I just want dish to carry my locals, doesn't have to be in HD! Poor me, I live in southern DELAWARE which is a hour away from Washington DC, Baltimore, Philly and guess what? I don't have ANY of my LOCALS (ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX) because it seems no one cares about adding new freakin markets! (Direct-TV included) Its all about changing the current content they ALREADY HAVE! Companies are all about adding HD when poor people, like me, have to watch other people's local channels! Screw modern HD-TV, I got myself newpapers coming to the house NOW! Its not like, I live in the middle of no where... I'm East of Washington DC, South of Philly, and North of Norfolk along the Atlantic OCEAN! Everytime I see posts like this, I just want to come across the screen and smack the user! Atleast you HAVE local STATIONS! Be thankFUL because I'm back in the 1800s!

Last edited:
you need to be smacking E* not the posters. it is not my fault you live in an area that is not served by either service. D* does not carry my locals only E* and i had to wait a while for that to happen.

you need to be smacking E* not the posters. it is not my fault you live in an area that is not served by either service. D* does not carry my locals only E* and i had to wait a while for that to happen.

You live in Texas. I'm in the north east, by some of the oldest and largest cities in the country. I'm a stone's throw from i-95's super city. I provided a picture to show my point below. Everything in blue, has its own local stations. As for me in red, I got NOTHING. I am surrounded. lol

3089140b581a901e89813acqe3.jpg

If you have SD locals on 129 and they are adding HD locals on 77, will you be able to receive your locals in HD if you put a satellite dish at 77, even though they are not doing upgrades for existing customers, only new customers at first for EA?

Yes, your receivers need the new smartcards. I'm still waiting on mine, but I figure I'll repoint this weekend before the weather gets too much colder.

As for what is needed, a Dish 1000.4 is needed to get 77 along with 61.5 & 77.
If you don't have that, you could point a Dish 500 to both 61.5 & 72.7 and use another one for just 77.

You could also point a 1000.2 towards 61.5 and 72 and use the output for the additional dish to connect to a dish pointing at 77. This would allow people to connect three receivers without an external switch.

You could also point a 1000.2 towards 61.5 and 72 and use the output for the additional dish to connect to a dish pointing at 77. This would allow people to connect three receivers without an external switch.
Pointing a Dish 1000.2 at 61.5 & 72 could be "interesting", as 82 would stand a 50-50 chance of getting hit with it. Therefore I'd just use a DPP Twin if you don't want an external switch.

Depends on if you have a dish pointed at 77. If you do, you will have 8.1, 27.1, and 43.1 in HD after 5:30pm Wednesday (give or take 6 hours). If not (like me) you will still only have the MPEG2 SD locals.

Thanks, I guess 21 is a no go then. Will they come out and provide me a bigger dish or just move the ones I have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts