NEW EA MARKETS NOV 19

Thanks, I guess 21 is a no go then. Will they come out and provide me a bigger dish or just move the ones I have?
That, my friend, is the million dollar question. Hopefully we will have a clear answer before too long (and hopefully that answer isn't a third or fourth dish).

BTW, Dish failed the WGAL (Lancaster, NBC 8) Digitial broadcast test. But I thought I was somewhere that that was going to happen.

Slightly off topic but due to the nature of this thread.... if you get the Harrisburg DMA locals OTA, do a new local scan - ABC 27 is now doing a second subchannel. 27.1 ABC HD, 27.2 RTN, 27.3 the re-launch of their weather now. Guess they are getting ready for NBC to drop WeatherNow for Universal Sports.

Thanks, can't get ABC and CBS ota due to mountain.
WHTM (ABC) is running at low power in order to not interfere with WCAU-10 in Philly. Come Febuary 19 it'll bump up to full power.
WHP (CBS) is also at low power in order to not interfere with WRC-4 in Washington. Come Febuary when they move the digital signal to 21, they'll be up to full power.

WHTM (ABC) is running at low power in order to not interfere with WCAU-10 in Philly. Come February 19 it'll bump up to full power.
WHP (CBS) is also at low power in order to not interfere with WRC-4 in Washington. Come Febuary when they move the digital signal to 21, they'll be up to full power.
Where do you find out what stations are operating at low or full power. My in-laws only get OTA and are getting very few digital stations since they got their converter box. I would like to ba able to tell them that things will get better in February. They live in Dover PA.

Does this mean I have to stop complaining about no HD locals in Jacksonville?...just no CBS and FOX HD Locals in Jax.

I am completely new to this thing; but is it possible for dish to make a LNB for 72.7/77 that can replace the 110/119 that many of us have now? That would make things a lot easier....

I live a outside of Little Rock AR, and see they kicked off Local HD for EA. I am already a Dish subscriber. I am on 110, 119, 129. Due to line of site issue I would have to spend a lot of money to have several trees removed to be changed to the EA birds when ever existing subs get to transfer over. What will my options be when this transition takes place? Will I be able to get my HD locals from another bird, or will it have to be OTA only?

GOT THIS IN MY INBOX ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO...
Eastern Arc Market Launches—
16 Markets to be Converted on 11/19/08
Jacksonville – new HD market
Lexington – new HD market
Cincinnati – new HD market
Little Rock – new HD market
Springfield, MO – new HD market
Charleston, WV – new HD market
Harrisburg – new HD market
Louisville – new HD market
Austin – existing HD market
Wichita Falls (including Montague County which receives both Dallas and Wichita Falls locals) – new HD market
All but Austin were up-linked today.

Hopefully Austin will be spared from the Eastern Arc. Or at the very least the Austin SD locals will end up at 61.5 where the HD locals are.

Talon Dancer

I am completely new to this thing; but is it possible for dish to make a LNB for 72.7/77 that can replace the 110/119 that many of us have now? That would make things a lot easier....

I agree. An eye for 72.7/77 could be done like a DPP twin and a wire coming out of it going to 61.5/110 for the rest of the content.

I agree. An eye for 72.7/77 could be done like a DPP twin and a wire coming out of it going to 61.5/110 for the rest of the content.
If they would make an "eye" like that, leave the subs existing wing dish at 61.5 and viola, EA set up in less than an hour... I am HOPING that is e*'s plan in the new (fiscal) year. (of course I can get all of the recently added h-burg DMA HD LiL's via OTA wtih 80%+ signal strength. So the only thing I loose is the ability to record two Network HD programs at one one time - CBS would have been the straw that broke the camels back -since I can't get that one- and when it goes full power in Feb I should still be set OTA)

If they would make an "eye" like that, leave the subs existing wing dish at 61.5 and viola, EA set up in less than an hour... I am HOPING that is e*'s plan in the new (fiscal) year. (of course I can get all of the recently added h-burg DMA HD LiL's via OTA wtih 80%+ signal strength. So the only thing I loose is the ability to record two Network HD programs at one one time - CBS would have been the straw that broke the camels back -since I can't get that one- and when it goes full power in Feb I should still be set OTA)

Good thinking. That would work for me!

Fitzie

:rolleyes: JaxHD (ABC/NBC) might get turned on today but I bet there won't be many of us that will be able to see them!!!
:)Well, I WILL be seeing these to JaxHD channels come this Wednesday when they come to install new 1000.4 dish on roof. Will also be bringing a new VIP211 (no charge) for the bedroom so we don't lose locals (and other channels) in there. The 622 feeds to other bedrooms already, so no problem there. Did have to commit to 2 year deal, but I'm not going anywhere, just hope E isn't! :rolleyes: And by the way, great customer service, thru chat & phone!!!

I am in the Little Rock market (ZIP 72019) that just turned on today for HD locals although only the CBS and ABC locals affiliates were lit for HD on 77 W. We are now officially an Eastern Arc area. The rest of the SD locals were lit on 77 W. My receivers are a 622, 222 and 322. I own the 222 to stay under the 4 tuner limit. I have new SmartCards for each receiver. If I Dish Up my 322 to a 222 and buy a 1000.4 Dish, will I be allowed to switch the Easern Arc now? I presently have a Dish 500 looking at 110-119 and a Dish 500 looking at 61.5. Also, what if I just turn my 61.5 to 77 W. What will I loose from 250 channel, Gold HD and HBO-Starz package?

sorry I don't know what this means, I live in Austin TX and I have two dishes right now. Does this mean I will only need 1 dish soon?

I am in the Little Rock market (ZIP 72019) that just turned on today for HD locals although only the CBS and ABC locals affiliates were lit for HD on 77 W. We are now officially an Eastern Arc area. The rest of the SD locals were lit on 77 W. My receivers are a 622, 222 and 322. I own the 222 to stay under the 4 tuner limit. I have new SmartCards for each receiver. If I Dish Up my 322 to a 222 and buy a 1000.4 Dish, will I be allowed to switch the Easern Arc now? I presently have a Dish 500 looking at 110-119 and a Dish 500 looking at 61.5. Also, what if I just turn my 61.5 to 77 W. What will I loose from 250 channel, Gold HD and HBO-Starz package?

If you swing your 61.5 dish to 77w I think you will loose alot of your HD channels.

sorry I don't know what this means, I live in Austin TX and I have two dishes right now. Does this mean I will only need 1 dish soon?
It's not clear whether the list in the OP is correct. Our (Austin) HD LiLs are now on a spot beam at 61.5 (EA) and our SD LiLs are on a spot beam at 119 (WA). So it all depends on where Dish decides to consolidate our locals. In either case we would be able to use a single dish. The existing 1000.2 for WA or a new 1000.4 for EA. For those of us with both a WA 1000.2 and a wing dish for 61.5 it really doesn't matter to much. Dish can just come out and replace our wing dish with an EA 1000.4. BUT...

The EA has been cobbled together with sats designed for different orbital locations (AKA Space Junk). So I'm hoping Austin does not go EA or at the very least our SD LiLs end up at 61.5. This would leave those of us with 61.5 wing dishes with the best of both Arcs :)

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)