New Eastern Arc install problems

My signal on the 77 sat is a 50, and my signal on my 72 sat is a 59. The tech seemed to think that these were good strengths, and also told me with the eastern arc dish that you had to add 30. Have I been Bamboozled? :confused:
there is no set minimal strength for eastern arce at this moment. but 50's are good.

Now today it is cloudy with on and off showers, and I have nothing even when its not raining. Good thing I didn't cancel cable yet, so I can still watch football. I really hope they can resolve my issues, as when it was working yesterday, which was clear, I really liked it.

I doubt it's a tree issue. The eastern arc birds are pretty high up. Prolly in the 40 deg. range in your area. My guess is it's either a switch or receiver issue. Signal strengths in the 50's is very good. I get upper 40's, low 50's on the 61 and 72, but only in the upper 20's on the 77.

which satellite is reading those numbers?

doesn't sound that bad from what EA I've seen so far. sounds about right to normal reading for 61.5 around here

Never heard of this add 30 thing tho sounds like BS to me
what the tech is refeirng to is the old dish point scale used prior to about 15 months ago. That scale displayed higher sig strengths. Dish modified the scale and that lowered the readings by 30 -40 clicks....50's and 60's are pretty normal for EA installs

Another tech comes out this morning, but has no equiptment on the truck. What the hell? Says line of site is not an issue, checks a few switches, and then leaves, as he has nothing to replace any of my stuff with. He was on the phone with the office, and the original installer was there, and that he is going to come out with new boxes, and a new lnb. He calls me later and says that he can't make it out until tomorrow. I guess they figure that we have nothing better to do, other than sit around and wait for them. I would call them and complain, but I don't think I would get anywhere with the call center, and that would just be more of a waste of my time.

They probably took your complaints about signal strength too seriously, and figured that actually might be the problem. With 50's on the eastern arc, it's not.

Probably bad boxes, or a bad LNB, or bad lines, or bad diplexors. They'll probably replace your whole entire system, down to the flex clips and wire ties, and you'll still have the exact same problem. I've seen it happen.

Meh, you'll be fine. It's rare to have a bad electrical system.

I didn't complain about bad signal strength, the phone tech came up with that.
They are coming out with new boxes, and a new lnb tomorrow though. I hope this solves the problem.

Tech came out this morning, changed the lnb, and pointed the dish again, and now all is well. I've had t.v all day without any problems.:D I did notice tonight though, on some of my HD locals, a slight stutter in the video every couple of minutes or so. It only last for a second, but it is noticable. Is this normal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts