New Echostar Earthstation

Hightech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Midwest
My company owns some licensed frequencies and so I get alot of info about other potential interference in and around the areas these licenses are in and I just had some papers come in my email regarding a new fcc license E is requesting in Monee, IL for a new frequency for a transmitter, anyone know what this might be for? More HD maybe?

TIA

I just had some papers come in my email regarding a new fcc license E is requesting in Monee, IL for a new frequency for a transmitter, anyone know what this might be for? More HD maybe?
Without knowing what the frequency is, it is impossible to tell. They already have a small uplink site in Monee.

Here's the DISH Tech site description:
Dish Tech said:
The newly constructed Monee regional mini-broadcast employing about 18 people. This facility will help increase DISH Network’s capacity to supply local-to-local, standard, and high definition (HD) broadcast coverage throughout the nation.

Its probably just permission to make another earth station so they can transmit spot beams to another satellite.

That would be my guess.

or permission to have a backup uplink center. Since they got bit by Cheyenne so many times this year, they might be thinking about a full uplink center in the midwest.

It would make sense.

Could be a small number of things, let us know if you learn more.

Without knowing what the frequency is, it is impossible to tell. They already have a small uplink site in Monee.

Here's the DISH Tech site description:

The Frequencies reported were in the 12 Ghz and 17 Ghz range, I have the exact info at work.

or permission to have a backup uplink center. Since they got bit by Cheyenne so many times this year, they might be thinking about a full uplink center in the midwest.

It would make sense.

Common sense, yes; financial sense, no. I think they'll let AT&T pay for any future full service uplinks;). Don't forget, Dish already has a "backup" full service uplink at Gilbert, Arizona that currently shares duties with Chyanne. And that is about all the full uplinks Charlie's gonna pay for.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts