'New' episode recordings

Frank207

Original poster
Nov 16, 2020
maine
I have programs selected to record 'Only New Episodes' within the Series. Lately however, previously recorded episodes are showing up as NEW and being recorded again. Anyone else having similar problems?

One particular channel? or few? I usually run into this with networks. U have no idea how many times I started watching 60 Minutes assuming a new show, then deleting it!! .The Guide is not very accurate. It is something u have to live with it.

Oh hell yes, this has been an issue for a while. It was compounded during the covid lockdowns as some networks put new titles on old shows and rebranded them as they were not filming anything new (ID network I am looking at you). It was frustrating to get 4 or 5 minutes into what was supposed to be a new show only to find we had seen it before. Then there are the compilations of 2-3 old episodes into a "new" episode (Curse of Oak Island). Yeah it is getting old.

One particular channel? or few? I usually run into this with networks. U have no idea how many times I started watching 60 Minutes assuming a new show, then deleting it!! .The Guide is not very accurate. It is something u have to live with it.
Yes. 60 minutes has always been a problem. Not sure if it's the guide or 60 Minutes problem.

I wish when football or other games cause programs to be delayed the guide would pick up on that. I've had the recorder set for 60 Minutes and other programs, only to catch the last few minutes of the show. (Yes I know I can edit when the show is to end, but that's not the same).

Well...as a fellow fan of 60 Minutes they do have a habit of making it look like it's a new show during the intro and then when the segments actually start you hear "As we reported last Fall/Spring/Summer/Winter..."

CBS Sunday Morning does a similar thing.