New Equipment Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FKy.Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Union,Ky.
I just received my new D* equipment {H20 and 2 D10 receivers and a DSA 20MA 3 LNB antenna} my question should I have gotten the new AT9 or is the 3LNB still being used quite a bit.HD locals are not yet available in my DMA.When they are available do I need to do a upgrade to receive them.But the million dollar question should I request it now and not have to worry about it later????? Thanks for any assistance that any may offer in regards to this .................

AT9 is not going to be in all markets yet, so the 3 lnb is most widley used still, when your area needs the AT9, you will be upgraded to the new dish.

damaged said:
AT9 is not going to be in all markets yet, so the 3 lnb is most widley used still, when your area needs the AT9, you will be upgraded to the new dish.
Does this mean if I take the H20 the tech is bringing me on Monday (1/23) and ask him to install the dish at another time, they'd do it free?

Basically, I really do not want the dish until:

1) Installers work all the kinks of installing it out
2) They figure out a way to use a diplexer or somethng similar so I can run cable/D* to 1 room. It's a 2nd floor room so running coax through the wall may not be an option...

If you mean will they upgrade you from the 3lnb to the AT9 dish free, it seems that is the case based on what I've read.

I suppose you are referring to the fact that the AT9 does not support diplexing at all, not even OTA, much less cable.

You should be fine with a 3lnb setup, wrt diplexing cable.

damaged said:

Thank you sir, I kind of figured that`s what it might be, and if D* handles the upgrade if and when I want it that would be fine w/me.

damaged said:
If you mean will they upgrade you from the 3lnb to the AT9 dish free, it seems that is the case based on what I've read.
I suppose you are referring to the fact that the AT9 does not support diplexing at all, not even OTA, much less cable.
You should be fine with a 3lnb setup, wrt diplexing cable.
Thanks..

It took NO effort at all to get them to come out here and replace my Toshiba DST3000 with a H20 and they said they'd put up the dish. However, until I have an alternate solution to the diplexing problem in place, I can't go that route.

aec4 said:
Thanks..
It took NO effort at all to get them to come out here and replace my Toshiba DST3000 with a H20 and they said they'd put up the dish. However, until I have an alternate solution to the diplexing problem in place, I can't go that route.

You probably won't be finding a diplexer solution from D* anytime soon. So you might want to look for other options.

Jimbo

aec4 said:
Thanks..

Whats going to be the problem in just running another wire?

aec4 said:
2) They figure out a way to use a diplexer or something similar so I can run cable/D* to 1 room. It's a 2nd floor room so running coax through the wall may not be an option...

This one is going to be almost impossible to get around. Both the OTA/cable and the new lnbs use the same frequency. You must get the two separate signals, of the same frequency, from the OTA antenna/cable line to the OTA antenna/cable line input on the receiver and the one from the Satellite dish lnbs to the satellite input on the receiver, without combining them.

I was very disappointed also when I heard this. My entire system was using diplexers. Two weeks ago I spent an entire day climbing around the attic drilling and running new wires, to re-wire my system. But after all that work I was kind of glad. All my OTA HD signals were a lot stronger run down a separate wire, rather than down one line using the diplexers. I also noticed a slight increase in my D* signal. Getting rid of the diplexers will give you a stronger signal and even though it can be a tough job, will be worth it in the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts