New error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I've been getting this pop up error message frequently lately.

Screenshot_2021-04-19 Shaving matted hair off my cat .png

Reactions: TheKrell
Thats a strange one that seems to happen a few times a day. To fix it we need to upgrade and and need to finish redoing the styles. Which I started but havent finished. Each time I start it I get pulled away...

So with that I will use DISH Networks trademark and say it will be fixed "soon" :D

I have seen the same type of post from others. I used Safari on my iPhone to post a screen capture from my phone to make that post.

I believe those are graphics that are being converted to webp format (and then cached) you may not see them but then a few moments later they are there.

I believe those are graphics that are being converted to webp format (and then cached) you may not see them but then a few moments later they are there.
I had to look that up. Courtesy of PaintShopPro, I learned this:
WebP is an image file format which contains image data with both lossless and lossy compression. Developed by Google, WebP basically is a derivative WebM video format. The format is capable of reducing image file size up to 34% smaller than JPEG and PNG images while retaining high-quality. The compression process of WebP images is based on the prediction of pixels from their surrounding blocks. This allows pixels to be used multiple times in a single file. WebP format also supports animated images and expected to support more features in the future. It is still under development of Google...

Reactions: TheForce
I believe those are graphics that are being converted to webp format (and then cached) you may not see them but then a few moments later they are there., Scott... I cannot copy an image link from elsewhere and insert it into the forum here.
Here's another question for you Scott. Since the forum (?) software can convert our images to webp format, why can't it accept outside URLs with a webp format?

The software does not support it natively. There is an add on that makes what we have now work. Hopefully a future version of Xenforo will support it natively.

I should note that our CDN host does these conversions and hosts these images for us for maximum speed. The CDN has 15 locations in the United States, so the images, and other cacheable content actually comes to you from the closest CDN near you, again to make SatelliteGuys as fast as it can be for you. :)

As I look at our stats 87.9% of our cacheable content is being served to our members via the CDN. Below are the states of our CDN for SatelliteGuys over the past 30 days.

stats1.png

stats2.png

Reactions: TheKrell and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)