Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ever see something posted and not know what it means? Use your mouse and HIGHLIGHT IT then click Learn More!

Ever Want More Information on Something? Use your mouse and HIGHLIGHT IT then click Learn More!

Looking for a photo or video of something that your reading about here at SatelliteGuys? Use your mouse and HIGHLIGHT IT then click Learn More!

SatelliteGuys has added Apture technology to its website so you can find more information about what you want easily! Apture gives you information from SatelliteGuys and the internet with just one click!

For those users who wish to turn this feature off it can be turned off via the General Settings tab. http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editoptions

We hope you enjoy this new feature!

Great Feature!

OK... I just had a chance to use this feature (totally by accident) in the Classified section, when I highlighted a model number of the equipment the member is selling. A small window popped up, with product review links and images of the item! Very nice. Saved me several clicks! I will definitely use this feature now. :)

I have been watching the stats and a lot of people are using it. I find it neat because you can search for lots of information without leaving the site. Overall it gives a much better experience. :)

For about the past week or so I have been having a problem with this site wherein,when hitting the "back" button,it would go back to the top of whatever page and stop.In other words it wouldn't go back to where I was on that page.Anyway,I looked thru Firefox and this site for some setting that might be causing this but could find nothing.I did see "apture" and that it was turned on but didn't know what it was so I left it that way.Last night I found this thread and read about apture.I have turned Apture off and the "back" button is now working properly again.
Now if I could turn off the "roll over" adds that would be great ; )

If you're talking about the little green text (intellitxt), there used to be a link to a cookie on this board that would stop those. My old boss wanted those on their site, but I talked her out of it as they don't belong on an public agency's site.

Now if I could turn off the "roll over" adds that would be great ; )

I'm talking about the ones that if you just inadvertently brush it with the cursor a bigger pop up ad appears.Don't know if that's the same as you're talking about.It's not just here,I've run across them other places,but it seems to be a fairly recent "innovation".Just have to remember to keep the cursor away from the ads but sometimes I forget.

Add me to one of those that doesn't like the feature.. its why I have an accelerator for it in I.E. (and feature in FF) so that I can open a new tab with search at google. I detest bing with a passion. I wouldn't mind it so much if it showed up as an option along with the rest of my "accelerators" but its a little bit slower than right click "google" ... it takes a few seconds to do its work ... etc.. so Thank You Scott VERY much for making it an easy turn off.

I'm sure others have no problem with it.. and it is a neat little feature and for those that want it, its a fine option.. but browsers already have these options built in ... people just need to know how to enable them to give themselves another choice.

I think it is pretty cool. I wont use it much but if I need to I can. If you don't like it, turn it off. It is an option.

Thanks Scott.

Thanks since installing it people have been spending almost 3 times as much time here at SatelliteGuys! Because of that ad revenue has taken a slight jump which is GREAT since we need the money to replace one of our servers!

Gads, I hate vB4. The "Reply to Thread" button messes me up everytime.

Anyhoo at least the new feature can be turned off by those who don't care for it, but for those who like it, helps the site.

I think it is pretty cool. I wont use it much but if I need to I can. If you don't like it, turn it off. It is an option.

Thanks Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Top Poster?

E-bay Thread hijacked by NAVY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts