New Fee

I got something similar from Charter here. We now have 100 down and 10 up. But in reality we get about 11.5 up for some reason. The charges are the same.

My Spectrum Cub Scout parent told me they try to setup the nodes to give 10% higher than the advertised limit. I normally get 109-111 Mb download and 11 Mb upload speeds.

They over provision the modems by 20%. TWC did the same before the takeover.

Spectrum pricing for Internet is actually pretty good. I ended up giving up my TWC promo at 49.99 for 60 down to spectrum pricing of 64.99 for 200 in this area (I’m in an area they also offer gigabit). The felt the price increase worth it since i also depend on the Internet since I use OTT TV providers.

I came here to read about Dish's new fee, and I stumbled into a discussion about internet access. Anyway, after catching up on reading this whole thread, here are my thoughts on the thread topic:

Maybe they will allow EHDs for free with this new charge...
I was thinking the opposite, that if you paid the $40 fee for EHD activation, then you would not be subject to the monthly "non-DVR" fee, since your receiver would no longer be a non-DVR. This seems like a cash grab by Dish to give everyone an incentive to pay for DVR access, even if they have no intention of using it (and even if they do not even have an EHD) since it would be cheaper than paying the monthly fee. Then, if the customer later decides that they want DVR service, they could just go ahead and add a hard drive, without having to call to activate it.

From what I understand the 'fee' is for the account like the DVR 'fee', one fee per account. And as of now it's for new customers only.
Here is another thought: if you already have a receiver with a monthly DVR fee, and you downgrade to a non-DVR receiver to try to save money, would you then be considered a "new" non-DVR subscriber? If so, this would be Dish's way of discouraging people from downgrading equipment.

Reactions: stardust3
...There is such thing as too much greed. The Waltons are an example of this.
I agree. Just how many channels do they need to be on, and how many times do they need to say Good Night to each other every night? I swear, if I have to hear "Good Night, John Boy" one more time, I am going to drop a nuke on Waltons Mountain. Oh wait, you were not talking about the TV series. :biggrin

I agree. Just how many channels do they need to be on, and how many times do they need to say Good Night to each other every night? I swear, if I have to hear "Good Night, John Boy" one more time, I am going to drop a nuke on Waltons Mountain. Oh wait, you were not talking about the TV series. :biggrin
Goodnight JimBob! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)