New Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Customers may leave, but Charlie is going to milk all the money that he can out of those left. You notice that Dish's net income goes up every year, even though the customer count goes down.

That’s not just Charlie, that’s business. See my earlier post about newspapers. Also see AT&T landlines.

This is nothing more than a hidden price increase, or a price shift.

They have basically taken $5 from the DVR fee and added it as a fee to everyone’s account.

Granted they waive the fee if you have a DVR, but that small $5 savings just means more revenue for Dish because Your spending more on a DVR.

besides satellite guys members have nothing to worry about because we all have DVR’s

The real question is how will it effect people with external drives?

What's with this GREED crap.

It's capitalism.

If you think the price is too high (I DO) it's your greed and my greed.

We all balance our interests against our ability to pay for something, if it's too high they are greedy because their price impacts my own greed.

Yes, they are making a lot of money, but wouldn't you like to be in their shoes, that is the basis of your complaint, your are jealous of their "greed".

I pay what I want to pay for, if it becomes too much, I stop paying and cry about their greed, ignoring my own greed.

Greed makes the world go round.

What's with this GREED crap.

It's capitalism.

If you think the price is too high (I DO) it's your greed and my greed.

We all balance our interests against our ability to pay for something, if it's too high they are greedy because their price impacts my own greed.

Yes, they are making a lot of money, but wouldn't you like to be in their shoes, that is the basis of your complaint, your are jealous of their "greed".

I pay what I want to pay for, if it becomes too much, I stop paying and cry about their greed, ignoring my own greed.

Greed makes the world go round.

Maybe greed makes your world go round, it definitely doesn't mine.

Maybe greed makes your world go round, it definitely doesn't mine.
Stop and think about it.

I am not saying it is a good thing necessarily, only that it is the normal thing.

WE all struggle daily against our natural propensity to put ourselves first.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Ted Turner had this very same appeal and I agree with it. There is such thing as too much greed. The Waltons are an example of this. Their greed is much more negative, and beyond reasonable. But greed is also in the perspective of each individual. I do not think bad things should happen to the Waltons, however if the government stopped subsidizing their employees, or pushing those subsidies back to the company, then there may be a different viewpoint by them. I am not saying a minimum wage. I am saying that if someone qualifies for government assistance while working full time for a company, that company may receive a bill for the difference. When it comes to channels prices, let’s be fair. I can’t stand ESPN, but they do spend a lot of money for exclusive rights. They have to get that back someone. What needs to be done, is a max exodus of providers saying “no”, or having the contracts written in a language that allows it to be added to a sports package. Now the hard part... finding a group of greedy businessmen that work for the providers that will cooperate and “unionize”. If one falls out, the whole thing breaks down and we’re back at square one. That means the greed of the people who want ESPN, and a fair price, need to either support ABC or the providers. You do not get it both ways.

There’s greed, and a few steps below that is CBS with their quadruple dipping. :)

1. Charge advertisers
2. Charge retransmission fees
3. Charge all access fees
4. Charge advertisers again because they still have all access plans that have commercials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)