New fees simplified

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
I think I've wrapped my mind around all the Aug 1 changes and have a simple formula to avoid headaches. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Classic Bronze $35
Classic Silver $48
Classic Gold $58
Everything pack (didn't look at it)

Add HBO to any package $16
Add Showtime to any package $13
Add Starz to any package $13

Add HD (including the Platinum channels) to any package $10
Add Locals to any package $5 (I think locals are included in the new package prices on the web site)
Add DVR to any package $5
Add DHPP to any package $6

If you include locals and the DVR fee, this agrees with prices in this thread:

It also agrees with the Dish new account calculator. When you select a DVR receiver, it changes package to ... with DVR and includes the locals.

Leased receiver fee: currently I'm charged $7 for a 622. The Dish new account calculator suggests there might not be any fee for the Solo DVR receivers. Anyone? A reason to downgrade my receiver?

Can it be this simple after all the long-winded explanations from Dish?

Totally wrong in your base packages. And at that, locals are not included. Others are flipped-flopped. Thanks for adding to all the confusion. Go to bed.:rant::rant::rant:

Last edited:
Totally wrong in your base packages. And at that, locals are not included. Others are flipped-flopped. Thanks for adding to all the confusion. Go to bed.:rant::rant::rant:
If I'm wrong, please correct them!

From the new account calculator on the Dish web site:

Basic SD package
Classic Bronze 34.99
Classic Silver 47.99
Classic Gold 57.99

locals add 5.00 if a DVR hardware option is not selected

Classic Bronze w/ DVR (& locals) 44.99
Classic Silver w/ DVR (& locals) 57.99
Classic Gold w/ DVR (& locals) 67.99

calculated cost of DVR 5.00

So my original numbers are off by $0.01

The Programming Packages web page for each package clearly states "Local Channels Included in all Packages". That brings the prices on those pages in line with those above. (E.g., $39.99 vs 34.99).

Last edited:
Kwindrem, I appreciate your effort. I had already looked over the website and their PR and was frustrated and confused.

As far as the other response... geeez! :(

Now we know you were using the NEW account calculator. Does not apply to existing subs.

From the new account calculator on the Dish web site:

Classic Bronze Classic Silver Classic Gold
SD 34.99 47.99 57.99
locals 5.00 5.00 5.00
SD package + locals 39.99 52.99 62.99
w/ DVR & locals 44.99 57.99 67.99
calculated cost of DVR 5.00 5.00 5.00

So my original numbers are off by $0.01

Your numbers are correct, but you are still going to wind up confusing people. The package prices now on the website DO include locals...so they appear $5 more than what you are saying. I know the end result is the same, but it's still confusing.

Also, you don't take premium discounts into account. I don't know if the DHHP price is right...actually, I'm not even sure what that is.

But in general, you're right...but I don't see why it's necessary. The prices are all laid out pretty simply now. I still don't understand why people have been acting like these changes were so confusing. These are the simplest packages they've had in years.

The only thing they don't talk about on the website is the "DVR Advantage/With DVR" packages. Which...I'm wondering if they even exist anymore for new customers. In which case, you were off by a dollar.

I don't know what KAB was talking about with the "flip flopping." It's best to ignore him.

Your numbers are correct, but you are still going to wind up confusing people. The package prices now on the website DO include locals...so they appear $5 more than what you are saying. I know the end result is the same, but it's still confusing.

Also, you don't take premium discounts into account. I don't know if the DHHP price is right...actually, I'm not even sure what that is.

But in general, you're right...but I don't see why it's necessary. The prices are all laid out pretty simply now. I still don't understand why people have been acting like these changes were so confusing. These are the simplest packages they've had in years.

The only thing they don't talk about on the website is the "DVR Advantage/With DVR" packages. Which...I'm wondering if they even exist anymore for new customers. In which case, you were off by a dollar.

I don't know what KAB was talking about with the "flip flopping." It's best to ignore him.

DVR fee and DHPP. That was flipped.

Guys, look at the REGULAR price, then ADD $5.00 for locals They are NOT included. So in my case, Silver classic with locals is 57.99 PLUS $10.00 for HD. Same as since the Feb increase.

The only way I have been able to find the page about the new WITH DVR pack is to do a search on the DISH website itself and select the first line mentioned. It takes you to the right page for the WITH dvr pack. I sent an email to DISH about this and told them that they need to clean up their website because the dvr advantage menu takes you to the dish family pack . Why hide this pack on the site , unless they are trying to make another 5.98 off unsuspecting subs and newbies who don't know it exists.

Guys, look at the REGULAR price, then ADD $5.00 for locals They are NOT included. So in my case, Silver classic with locals is 57.99 PLUS $10.00 for HD. Same as since the Feb increase.

Current customers will not see any Basic programming price changes. The new credit approved customer {DDA}will receive $15 credit for 12 mo. with free hardware, up to 4 tuners. If Add ON HD is opted for, that will automatically include old Platinum pack @ $10 total. Not $10 + $10. HBO/SHow free 3mo. DVR $5 1st receiver, $5.98 after 1st. DVR waived AEP. Current Platinum customers will receive $10 credit. Previous posts to this thread explain the recommended proceedure to receive a timely credit.

The DVR $5 1st receiver fee only applies with locals. Without locals, the 1st DVR receiver fee is $5.98.

Your Order:

PACKAGE:
Classic Silver 200 $47.99
Promo Credit 1 of 12 $-15.00

ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING:
HD & Platinum $10.00

HARDWARE: ?
Enhanced HD DuoDVR, 2-way Remote Receiver Included
DISH DVR Service $5.98

MONTHLY TOTAL*

$ 48.97

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)