Those who upgraded to Platinum HD please check your online account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
Moderators I know this is a double post but I felt it was important that other members be made aware of my experiences regarding the upgrade to Platinum HD.

I would suggest that everyone check their account online after any upgrades to Platinum HD. I made the change yesterday from Turbo Gold to what I thought would be Turbo Gold + Platinum HD. I made it very clear to the CSR that I only wanted the upgrade if there would be no additional cost to me. I was assured that there would be no additional charges.

After viewing my bill on line I noticed that I had been upgraded to Classic Gold 250 which resulted in a $18 per month increase. I called Dish Network this morning and was told that the CSR who advised me that there would be no additional charge was incorrect. I was given a $18 credit on my bill for two months. If this is not sorted out by then Direct TV may have a new customer.

I was given an email address feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com where I can voice my frustrations. I will definitely send my comments along with the saved chat session that clearly states that I can upgrade to Platinum HD at no additional cost. Could it possibly be that difficult for everyone to get on the same page regarding this upgrade?

That stinks that the CSR gave you false info, AND moved you into a different package. No excuse for that.

But what made you think you could get it free anyway? The new package is "HD+Platinum" for $10. The Platinum add on is $10. Either way, it's $10.

I kept warning that people would be complaining later if they thought they could get something for nothing, but I thought it wouldn't happen until March.

platinum is free with any new hd package.
i just did a re program yesterday and since i did it 2 weeks after the last bill. the next bill will be higher due to mid billing.
then it will go back down to the original price i had.

I had to have a tech move my Platinum from a free for 3 months trial into the new HD+Platinum package. They would have let me pay the $10 per month until I told them to stop and my basic package is the same as it was before (Classic Silver + HD). Kind of a pain that you have to call to get the Platinum channels for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)