New Firmware for Star Choice Receivers Next Spring!

I agree Ice...

Maybe CBC west to get another HD hockey game for those who want one. Global does not even have an HD transmitter yet (unless it recently happened). They just pipe the feed to Rogers cable and Bell so they can simsub. Under the letter of the law, the CRTC should stop this along with TSN simsubbing, but they do not.

Satboyz

Here is an update from TJ77 on the Canadian site for the long awaited updated software:

c/p

So here's what I have.
A couple weeks ago the development team and management made a joint decision that the update is ready. Since it is going to take a minimum of 6 weeks to complete the download, a decision was made to not to begin until the new year.
The mailout for 530 users is ready. It should be going out the week of Jan 3. The update will begin rolling out to 530 models by the middle of the month.
The update will begin very slowly. On the customer service side, they really want all CSRs to be very knowledgeable about the update. They do expect a number of calls from customers wondering about changes to the menus as a result of the update.

I really think it's finally (almost) here. The development team really has been working to get this out the door, and given what the have to work with, they've done quite well.

end c/p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)