New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Can barely read the screen ... washed out and light blue.

Is this the new and improved version and is there a way to make it readable?

Not sure why it would be washed out for you. But the easy fix could be to change the "preferences" to dark.
Hover your mouse over your name in the upper right side of this page. A window will appear. Click on "Preferences" In the styles drop-down menu, choose the dark style and save it at the bottom of the window (you will have to scroll down to see the save button)
see if that works better for you.

Except for the colors of the quotes all of the colors are the same as they were on the old software.

If you used the dark look before, it is still here. :) Just go to the bottom left of the page and click on "SatelliteGuys Default" and then select "SatelliteGuys Dark" :)

Yes the light gray text is kinda too light for me. Tried the "dark style. That's is easier for me to read. But, in the dark style some of the header text does not appear. Seems the text is black as is the header backround color. Example is the hyperlink to the radio station, search, watch thread text. Everything shows here as black. Switched back to default.

Yes the light gray text is kinda too light for me. Tried the "dark style. That's is easier for me to read. But, in the dark style some of the header text does not appear. Seems the text is black as is the header backround color. Example is the hyperlink to the radio station, search, watch thread text. Everything shows here as black. Switched back to default.

I will take a look at those things today. :) The header does need work, I mentioned that before but you probably didn't see that.

I didn't have a problem with the color, but I am glad I found this, so I could increase the number of topics per page.

The default background is to bright, or maybe its just my old tired eyes, didn't like the dark at all, guess I was just used to the colors on the old site,

I like the new layout Scott and Staff so keep up the good work.. :)

The only problem I have is finding where the Stickies stop and the normal threads start except for the, not very, shaded bar. One or the other could be outlined. Guess I'll get used to it.

switched to the "dark" mode and it looks much easier to read

one other thing I noticed. On the old thread it was easy to see the pages of a topic. Now you have to roll over the topic to see how many pages there are

The only problem I have is finding where the Stickies stop and the normal threads start except for the, not very, shaded bar. One or the other could be outlined. Guess I'll get used to it.
The yellow background on the Stickies is a lot more distinguishable, thank you.

The default background is to bright, or maybe its just my old tired eyes, didn't like the dark at all, guess I was just used to the colors on the old site,

The colors are the same, the problem is that the new software stacks all the user information on the left of the post. So, a short post has just a little blue area then a big white gap until the next post. The old system used to have the user avatar in a banner over the post with the avatar on the left and the post count, join date, etc on the right. Since it is stacked it can take up more room on the left making a bigger space between posts.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
The colors are the same, the problem is that the new software stacks all the user information on the left of the post. So, a short post has just a little blue area then a big white gap until the next post. The old system used to have the user avatar in a banner over the post with the avatar on the left and the post count, join date, etc on the right. Since it is stacked it can take up more room on the left making a bigger space between posts.

That sums it up in a nutshell.

switched to the "dark" mode and it looks much easier to read

one other thing I noticed. On the old thread it was easy to see the pages of a topic. Now you have to roll over the topic to see how many pages there are

A very hard thing to do on an ipad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)