New Fta Hobby

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ray_Air

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
I have always read books on Satellite systems and I have Dish Network, but I wanted to get into the FTA scene. I like to read Popular Communications and they had an feature article called "Surveillance In The Clear" where a hobbyist received on some satellite, surveillance pictures of some military base. He reported it and they verified it was not a secret project. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good mid-grade satellite system for picking up wild feeds, not your usual boring channels. Can you purchase a analog c/ku receiver and set it up immediately to receive unencrypted channels or do I have to go FTA? I am trying to learn more on FTA. Thanks.

Ray_Air said:
I have always read books on Satellite systems and I have Dish Network, but I wanted to get into the FTA scene. I like to read Popular Communications and they had an feature article called "Surveillance In The Clear" where a hobbyist received on some satellite, surveillance pictures of some military base. He reported it and they verified it was not a secret project. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good mid-grade satellite system for picking up wild feeds, not your usual boring channels. Can you purchase a analog c/ku receiver and set it up immediately to receive unencrypted channels or do I have to go FTA? I am trying to learn more on FTA. Thanks.

Well, you can buy a new Pansat 2700A and try yourself ??

I remember a few years ago some people in the UK with FTA satellite systems were picking up LIVE US military spy drones over Europe, they soon put a stop to that. I have seen some AMAZING footage over the years, some I wish I had not seen. Any FTA receiver with blind scan will pick up Live Feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)