new to Edision

4311wade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 25, 2021
Charleston West Virginia
Team,
Im trying to set up a new Edision fta receiver with no luck.
Im used to the Amiko menu for scanning in satellites but cant even get that far with this new unit.
Its a Edision os mini 4k s2x.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Stephen

I've never seen a Mini version but I bet it's similar to a Mio. What operating system do you have loaded? Another way of asking the same question is which dealer or where did you source the unit from? Is it brand new?

My suggestion is go into every menu and just get familiar with each of the menus. Explore before trying to accomplish anything. There is no shortcut to learning Edisions. There is little similarity between an Edision and any of the much simpler-to-use receivers like an Amiko. But the power of the Edision units makes it worthwhile in the long term.

For TNAP5 operating system:
Menu > Setup > Tuners & scanning > Tuner configuration > Tuner A:
Configuration mode: Advanced
Satellite: Select the satellite you wish to add
LNB: Begin with LNB 1

Then go down the parameters and configure as appropriate. Then select the next satellite of interest and do the same.

I've never seen a Mini version but I bet it's similar to a Mio. What operating system do you have loaded? Another way of asking the same question is which dealer or where did you source the unit from? Is it brand new?

My suggestion is go into every menu and just get familiar with each of the menus. Explore before trying to accomplish anything. There is no shortcut to learning Edisions. There is little similarity between an Edision and any of the much simpler-to-use receivers like an Amiko. But the power of the Edision units makes it worthwhile in the long term.

For TNAP5 operating system:
Menu > Setup > Tuners & scanning > Tuner configuration > Tuner A:
Configuration mode: Advanced
Satellite: Select the satellite you wish to add
LNB: Begin with LNB 1

Then go down the parameters and configure as appropriate. Then select the next satellite of interest and do the same.
It is a new unit.
It came from eBay on Hypermegasatellite offerings

Reactions: FTA4PA
A good place to source from. It will have TNAP installed suitable for North American viewing. The Mini is very similar to the Mio+ but with a single tuner. If your dish is oriented then you should be receiving lots of sats by today.
A good place to source from. It will have TNAP installed suitable for North American viewing. The Mini is very similar to the Mio+ but with a single tuner. If your dish is oriented then you should be receiving lots of sats by today.
Team
After some trial and error I am successful setting up and scanning in satellites on C band and KU band with my new Edision receiver.

Great news 4311wade! These new advanced receiver running on Linux take some time to learn for sure, but once you do you will never want to go back. And cyberham is correct, the Edision OS Mini 4K S2X is just like the Edision OS Mio 4K and 4K+. Same family of receivers, firmware images will look and work basically the same. So 4311wade, if you look around for threads on the Edision OS Mio 4K, that info will apply to your receiver as well, except in case of dual tuner stuff, the MINI has only one tuner of course. Enjoy your new box!

Great news 4311wade! These new advanced receiver running on Linux take some time to learn for sure, but once you do you will never want to go back. And cyberham is correct, the Edision OS Mini 4K S2X is just like the Edision OS Mio 4K and 4K+. Same family of receivers, firmware images will look and work basically the same. So 4311wade, if you look around for threads on the Edision OS Mio 4K, that info will apply to your receiver as well, except in case of dual tuner stuff, the MINI has only one tuner of course. Enjoy your new box!

Team,
My last hurdle with the new Edision receiver will be how to get the motor to move with my KU band dish when moving from satellite to satellite? Will the USALS not move it automatically like the Amico ? Do I need to set locations for each KU satellite?
Please advise.
Thanks
Stephen

You must configure DiSEqc mode for 1.2. Then enable "Use USALS for this sat" and enter your latitude and longitude coordinates. Remember to press the green Save button. Once this is done for each satellite, the dish will automatically move to each sat as you select them.