New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadyone

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi Guys,
Found some info on another site about a proposed fta service with 20 english channels. The channel list looks good and it seems that they plan to also use a card to make ppv and pay channels available in addition to the free channels. If the site is telling the truth they seem to already have contracts for some channels. It seems too good to be true and I guess time will tell. The channel list and info is at freedbs.org

Found the channel list...looks interesting. I'd love to see who is behind the idea. Sounds like someone has some money to possibly try and get the idea off the ground. Radar is it you? LOL. Blind

Bottom of the list has Leon Napier as Program Manager. I don't think the big DBS providers will ever want this project getting launched. They will also have $millions available to make sure they they keep a monopoly. They seem to have more channels that I would watch versus the current lineup of over 400 channels that I find less than 5 I view most of the time.

This does sound to good to be true! Channel line up is great! I wonder if it does go up on the air if they will add a PPV card access that would work with a Coolsat receiver with a card reader? Have several Coolsat 5000 stbs and beleive you can still purchase card readers for them.

If this takes off it will take a big chunk of business away from DN and DTV for sure! Especially if they offer a card service for premium channels.

Cowboy and farmer channel... Yeeeehaaa

Interesting lineup, different but interesting.

You would think they would wait til they had something more definite before announcing? I counted what, 4 or 5 proposed channels that they actually had contracted programming for? And NO satellite named yet?

Looks pretty dubious to me. The only channel with a link isn't even a channel. It's a pool table manufactuer. :confused:

Here's some info if anyone wants to contact them.

Domain ID:D158027311-LROR
Domain Name:FREEDBS.ORG
Created On:11-Jan-2010 15:52:17 UTC
Last Updated On:11-Jan-2010 15:52:21 UTC
Expiration Date:11-Jan-2011 15:52:17 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR40177613
Registrant Name:Leon Napier
Registrant Organization:FreeDBS Inc
Registrant Street1:206 West Dr
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Charlestown
Registrant State/Province:Indiana
Registrant Postal Code:47111
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8122566946
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:Leon@FreeDBS.org

Hmm, their base is not far from here. Located along the Ohio River some 15 miles Northeast of Louisville KY. The fact that they do not have a satellite listed yet got me wondering, especially when the website was created only yesterday.

If the satellite service is legit and is definitely a go ...someone should contact White Springs and see if they are interested in joining up with them. I emailed White Springs awhile back never got a reply.

Would be really good if they could get some of the other channels scattered about on other satellites like, RTV, Research, Montana PBS, Louisiana Channel and the Pentagon Channel and all go on their satellite. Just wishful thinking on my part.

As they say...stay tuned....

Hmm, their base is not far from here. Located along the Ohio River some 15 miles Northeast of Louisville KY. The fact that they do not have a satellite listed yet got me wondering, especially when the website was created only yesterday.

If the satellite service is legit and is definitely a go ...someone should contact White Springs and see if they are interested in joining up with them. I emailed White Springs awhile back never got a reply.

Would be really good if they could get some of the other channels scattered about on other satellites like, RTV, Research, Montana PBS, Louisiana Channel and the Pentagon Channel and all go on their satellite. Just wishful thinking on my part.

As they say...stay tuned....

I emailed Leon@FreeDBS.org asking for more information. I know the CEO at White Springs and passsed along that information. Waiting to see if I get a response before I contact White Springs. I too believe this would be a good opprotunity for White Springs broadcasts!

Edited: Just emailed the CEO of White Springs to see if they were contacted. Hopefully Victor will respond and shed more light on the subject.

Last edited:
Could that be what Sadoun has been up to on his mysterious MIA? lol

Announcing like that is a good way of getting media interest and venture $$$.

Private or civilian aviation is right up my alley, hence my handle here (AcWxRADAR). AC = Aircraft, Wx = Weather + RADAR.

I LOVE westerns, especially the old time classics like High Noon or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, True Grit, Eldorado and so many more.

Bluegrass music and old country music from the late 70's to mid 80's is my favorite. Older stuff (you've seen my posts of old videos from you-tube like Eddy Arnold and such) are a hit with me!

I very much enjoy the outdoors, hunting and fishing, mushrooms and geology and goeography. Shows like this or similar to NatGeo are great!

DIY channels for home remodeling, deck building etc are always highly prized.

War and history of warfare are always necessary as we need to learn from the past.

Comedy keeps us going from day to day. If you can't laugh at yourself, then you can't laugh with anyone.

And, of course, everyone loves FOOD! Bring on the steaks and burgers and HOT SPICY Chili!!!!

Good things come to those who wait!

RADAR

Radar, Thats why I thought about you when I looked at the stations.The variety fits some of your tastes. Assuming from what info we see on the different stations....It would appear that they would be none of the FTA stuff we are currently getting. Of course if someone is thinking of putting several current stations on one sat transponder well, thats not too bad of an idea. Perhaps it would be like what we once had on 123W only more variety. At this point it sounds great. Wonder what if anything our sponsors might have heard on this too? Sadoun? Sat AV? Blind

Radar, Thats why I thought about you when I looked at the stations.The variety fits some of your tastes. Assuming from what info we see on the different stations....It would appear that they would be none of the FTA stuff we are currently getting. Of course if someone is thinking of putting several current stations on one sat transponder well, thats not too bad of an idea. Perhaps it would be like what we once had on 123W only more variety. At this point it sounds great. Wonder what if anything our sponsors might have heard on this too? Sadoun? Sat AV? Blind

I think it is fantastic and I think someone was eavesdropping on my discussions here regarding my desires to do the same! LOL

Regardless, I am all for it! I really hope they go for it and I will be (one of the first) to donate to the cause when they actually do go online. If they do, I am sure that the majority if not everyone here on this site will back them 100%.

We need to be able to express our support to this entity. They need to know how much we will support them. I suggest we all send emails to them and express our support.

RADAR

PS I wish I had something more to do with this, but no, it was not my doing. Had you wondering for a moment there though, didn't I?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)