New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well this isnt good (I guess from a standpoint)

News Release: 3/30/2010

We are now estimating a broadcast date from 3 to 12 months, many of our channels are coming together but the process is slow do to the massive amount of content and limited personal we have to assembly it.

We are now estimating a broadcast date from 3 to 12 months, many of our channels are coming together but the process is slow do to the massive amount of content and limited personal we have to assembly it.[/quote

Wow 3 to a 1 year that's a lot of time!

Let's hope its more on the three month side. If it takes a little longer... I'm OK with that if they use the time to create quality products. I can see where it would take a long time to get everything in place. Maybe they will start broadcasting a few channels and add the rest as they get them ready.

We are now estimating a broadcast date from 3 to 12 months, many of our channels are coming together but the process is slow do to the massive amount of content and limited personal we have to assembly it.
That's quite a range! To me, that means I will get to check them out sometime between being excited and disappointed. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

Another tidbit that could ease the waiting would be knowing a little more precisely (than 80-100) where in the sky we will be looking. Once they have carriage contracts with, say SES1, couldn't they announce the orbital slot? Or are these things kept secret until the last moment? I can't see a real competitive advantage to keeping it quiet, especially since anyone who would perceive them as a threat probably has other ways to determine where Free DBS will be transmitting from.

As a news release this is totally negative and sounds like business suicide.
They might as well pack up if they can't make a start in 3 months. Commercial sponsors are not going to like a 3-12 month broadcast projection.

Well I agree 12 months is way out there. Maybe within 3 months they could put up a half a dozen channels? It would be easier to work out any kinks they might have then. Always better to start out small and grow gradually I'd say.... Blind

If they are a year from starting, they would of been better off not even starting a web site and announcing anything. With the release about the equipment test, everyones hopes rose. The last news just shot those hopes down. I too would think that they would start what they supposedly have in the way of channels. You know the networks have their stuff in line so why not at least get them going? Until they start broadcasting a signal, they will continue to have trouble getting advertisers and people to work with them. How many people here are counting on a job next year so they are waiting till then and not looking for a job now? And I for one would not even consider taking out advertising time until a signal was established. So the longer they drag this out, the harder it will become to take them seriously as a legit service. An advertiser wants results for their money within a few months. Not next year. Have a great day!

My opinion is they should have waited to secure satellite space and signed contracts for the satellite space and then announce the service with the web site. Well we waited all this time for a announcement, we'll have to wait longer. Sure it is a disappointment, but then again it is not costing us any money either.

Some have speculated that the service is being created with the intention of being sold later for a profit.... I don't know. My biggest concern about the service is that when it is up and running the pizza dish companies could come in and buy them out and shut them down.

If they at least put something up, even if it was a few channels, it would be a start. But then again, they might not want to have all that expense just to have a few channels up. They could test the service and work out the bugs but need to advertise that they are working out the bugs so that people do not think their service is shoddy. They may also have issues getting channels uplinked and so forth.

hmm, now with that in the open how long will this thread remain open for? 3-12 months too? :rolleyes:

I'm sure they are using web-hits and google traffic to prove viewer interest to lenders, advertisers and investors

Yes and I am sure that Mr. Madoff had so called "proof" of his business venture too. The fact is that people want to see an investment in action before they plop money on it. If a salesman called me, or I checked into a product and they told me to write a check and maybe in a year I would get what I paid for, My next words would be to get lost. In this day and age of fraud and abuse of the system, people like to see actual results now. Not invest and then be notified that the company is filing for bankruptcy and the money is gone. I'm not bashing or trying to say that is what is going on. I'm just stating how cautious people are anymore due to the scams that are out there. There update did say that they were having trouble getting commercials. Well advertisers want there ads to be broadcast now, not in three to twelve months. Have a great day!

This isn't the longest thread...yet, so far the " Reviews:SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB" thread, is leading the pack at 732 versus 594 for this one. Lets have a contest to see which one goes to 1000 first...

:eek:

The way you solve advertising problems is give advertisers an incentive by giving the first month free commerical time with a comitment to pay for a 3 more months.

The way you solve advertising problems is give advertisers an incentive by giving the first month free commerical time with a comitment to pay for a 3 more months.

Agreed. But you need a signal. How does one give away advertising with no signal? We are back to what came first, the chicken or the egg? I think they would be better off concentrating on the channels that they can get up right away. Then the advertisers could see the signal quality and see that this is legit. Then as they get another channel organized, start that one broadcasting and so on. Again, people like to hold a product in their hand so to speak after they buy it. With no signal at all, there is nothing for an advertiser or other business entity to sink their teeth in to. Have a great day!

They should at least start with the channels that they have signed up start small! And then keep on adding channels and the advertisers can see their products!:)

Last edited:
I think securing a satellite would be the first important step. Once they do that, we can help out with signal strength readings and such to help them tweak the signal and they could see how many initial viewers they have. Then continue to run 'on air' tests for awhile, and start up one channel at a time and then have a official start date when then they are fully ready.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts