New Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

malacoma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hi guys,

I am getting a Genie and two mini's shipped to me. I have DTV already (two HD DVRs and one small receiver) I am replacing everything with the Genie system. Can I replace any of the receivers with the Genie?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

You can use the genie and keep the two dvrs, which is what I have. I wouldn't use the mini genies if I was you. What type of swm system do you have, a swm lnb or a swm switch?

Go to menu, settings, info and test, more system info. It will tell you what/if type of swm you have. You have either a swm lnb or a swm switch.The older swm lnb and swm8 switch can handle 8 tuners, the newer swm lnbs and swm16 switches can do up to 21. A genie has 5 tuners, each dvr has 2. You need at least as much capacity as you have tuners.

If you keep the two Hr24s (which is what most of us would suggest) with the Genie that would be 9 tuners and the LNB you have only supports 8. The installer would need to install one of the new LNBs that supports 13 tuners. (maybe 21, but let's say 13 to be safe). You can put the Genie anywhere.

How about if I keep one HR24 and use the Genie and a mini. Is that 8 tuners. I have a HR23 or something that is as slow as molasses.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Genie is 5 tuners, Hr24 is 2. Mini uses one of the 5 tuners from the Genie. Mini might be a better solution than the HR23, especially for a less-used room.

You can use the genie and keep the two dvrs, which is what I have. I wouldn't use the mini genies if I was you. What type of swm system do you have, a swm lnb or a swm switch?
Do any minis ever work consistently? I have 2 new 61s that both have video stutter issues. A "quality assurance" tech is coming tomorrow and might end up re-wiring my line from my bedroom to the outside box. This guy called me directly yesterday and is supposed to be higher up from the usual tech they send out. If new coaxial doesn't fix the stuttering, is DTV going to make me just keep swapping boxes for the rest of time, or would they end up letting me just have 2 HD receivers?

They should let you use regular receivers instead.

Are these C61s or C61Ks?
This is a known issue with the C61K, and rewiring will make NO difference.

Are these C61s or C61Ks?
This is a known issue with the C61K, and rewiring will make NO difference.
I'll double check when I get home. Online it only says C61-100. What is the difference between the two?

Does DTV know it's an issue, or is this just known within the online community?

The C61 is different from the C61K, as Scott posted. I've not seen other reports of problems with the C61, although there aren't that many in the field.

I have the C61 model. Both will have a video stutter in my master bedroom a few seconds every half hour or so. My H25 receiver performed flawlessly in this same room and my HR44 works fine as well.

It's probably the same issue that happens with the C61K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)