New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ouch...I thought I was the first to get one! I was keeping it quiet until I got a few pics of it in my shack. Sooo glad I trusted my local dealer when he said he was going to the border to personally clear them through customs to speed up the process.

Yeah! I got one too! My wife ordered it and had it all set up for a birthday present for me! I am going to order a couple more! (We are receiving hundreds of Dish channels that are ITC?! :shh)

It is a really cool receiver! Thanks Brian!!!... :D

EDIT: Also receiving DC2! Cooool!

Last edited:
Closed!

I want one right awaY! Who's your dealer? I want to buy it right now.
You're out of luck today. This is what his shop door says:
Closed.jpg

More like APRIL FOOLS in all you that believed that this receiver was gonna be released in March :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

We usually never provide a release date on a new product and only did so in this case as we solicited the end users for helping develop the features.

We made a decision last month to port all development to a new SDK based ONLY on providing better support for the hobbyist user. We could have released the microHD last month, but held off to provide a better long term experience for our customers and specifically the hobbyists.

Frankly, I don't get some of you. Many of you bitch and complain that no one develops for or solicits feature input from North American hobbyists..... someone does incorporate you into the process and keeps you updated and you can't handle the realities of product development. :( I don't regret the solicitation , but Scheesh..... Welcome to the reality of first run product release. Be thankful that I am not simply trying to separate you from your cash.... Otherwise, it would have been released a long time ago!

Pro96 - sorry.... Ran out of Scobby snacks to feed a troll... LOL!!!

I for one, am very pleased with the way this going Brian. I can wait as long as it takes. Because I know that you are putting a lot of effort into getting the best customer experience that can be had. I really appreciate that! Don't let others get you down. When this unit comes out, you'll be a hero again :). Of course many of us think that way of you now! :)

Better to wait . The last thing I need to do is do a bunch of mods/updates etc. and , have me screw things up . Besides , when was the last time someone asked for ideas and input on a product BEFORE taking your cash ? I do look forward to it , but , in the meantime , enjoy spring . I do hope all is going well with you personally Brian.

Sorry about my earlier rant....... :eek:

Breathe in... Breathe out... Breathe in... Breathe out.... :cool:

Trust me when I say that I am the first one to want the microHD released and working perfectly! :D

Last edited:
Is this ( Splitter 2x1_1ppp) what I need as reference in post #956 to connect another receiver. Also, could the 4 port version be used as well.

If you must use a splitter, I would use this 2x1 switch instead. Splitter 2x1_2ppp The diode steering prevents the power from back feeding the other receivers. This will work when only one receiver is powered or if only one receiver's menu setting for the LNBF power is ON. Personally, I would use a dual output LNBF GEOSATpro SL2 Dual Output Standard LNBF feeding a 2x4 multiswitch. Ecoda 2x4 Multi-Switch

Last edited:
I just want to simulate a loop out. I have an AZ Box on the loop out of the CoolSat 6000 now and want to replicate that with this box as it will replace the 6000 and most of the AZ functions except for the 4.2.2 action. The 4 port was me getting greedy thinking about the CoolSat or a PCi Card in my office. I may try the 2x4 multi switch later.

We made a decision last month to port all development to a new SDK based ONLY on providing better support for the hobbyist user.

I had look up SDK on Wiki.
A software development kit (SDK or "devkit") is typically a set of software development tools that allows for the creation of applications for a certain software package, software framework, hardware platform, computer system, video game console, operating system, or similar platform.

I will make this comment on loop thru vs. splitter. Tests I've made on loop thru show a 4db loss, same as what you get from a splitter. So you are not loosing any extra signal by trading loop thru for a splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)