New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brian, you're certainly wholeheartedly devoted to this project to be working on it while recovering from surgery in bed!

Get some rest, we can wait a bit for the microHD! ;)

Oh, and good luck on that OEM order!

a few days ago brian said there was another weeks delay with new firmware i think. that would make it available around april fools day. i don't think that was on purpose though. it just works out that day. if it doesn't come soon, i will have to put the solomend with the big tv for the wife. she will get the 6' and i will keep the 8' down in the basement to play with. i have to use the dsr200 for the time being. not too much time to play with it though. much garden work to do right now. charlie
Hi Chaskuchar.
U r not the only one suffering with this delay. Anxiety is killing me! So many beautiful things has been said about this new box...

First Brian , I do hope all is well . Without going through 9 million posts [ approx. ] , is there a rear view of this[ and my next ] receiver ? Thanks.

Confirming reception of G16 - Shalom TV with the microHD. Also confirm that the STB displays the resolution as 720p, but the image has no detectable stutter.
Shalom has always shown as 720p with good video (no stuttering) with my S9. I have watched it more than most stations since they actually have watchable content. It seems I've had better luck with my S9 than so many others report. I wonder if it's the 2011Aug30 firmware, or maybe later hardware.

Wescopc. Assume thats the rear of the microhd. No composite outs? Thats too bad as i have the composite outs on the s9 going to an rf converter to display satellite tv in the kitchen. A lot of people have composite on their tv too. Nice and small though.

Had a complication with the surgery, so am flat on my back with some major discomfort. :sick:

Lightened up on the meds, so the unicorns left today, but a few swirls of tie dye colors remain...... :eek:
First major OEM order??? Wish us luck!!! This is what pays the bills and foots the cost (subsidizes) for the development of the hobbyist specialized features.

Brian, if there is another delay, "you're going to have to cough up a lung" (Ferris Bueller 1986) :D

Wescopc. Assume thats the rear of the microhd. No composite outs? Thats too bad as i have the composite outs on the s9 going to an rf converter to display satellite tv in the kitchen. A lot of people have composite on their tv too. Nice and small though.
It comes with an adapter for composite - so it will work for all of the folks you talk about. The adapter plugs in to the jack marked AV out (next to the HDMI port).
Bob

The composite out uses a breakout cable to minimize the size of the box.

The box is only 5 inches wide and less than 5 inches deep. I plan to mount three of these things on a 1U rack shelf ;) ...

I like the small size, it looks to be about the same size as my little WDTV thingie.

It would make putting a few of these in a small space a real snap.

That it can record two shows on the same transponder is wicker cool.. :)
Two boxes on two dishes and you could watch and record a lot of stuff.
Lots of potential here. I can't wait to get my jumbo dishes and put a few of these things on them.

Neat stuff! :)

We all wish the best to Brian but unfurtunally March is almost gone!! We all hope they release the box before freedbs going on air so we can watch their programation:behindsofa:

Dee we can call one the hopper and the other one the joey , LOL , if two are in use.

Heh..

Seriously, once I get the BIG dishes put up I am pretty sure I'm going to buy at least two of these things.
The biggest dish has an adapter out front to allow multiple LNB's. Since it was designed with that ability I might as well use it.

:D

Hey Brian . I hope all is going well with you . Could you supply a list of the Canadian dealers/distributors that will be selling these ? Thanks much.

The microHD is being produced as a wholesale product to be sold in bulk quantities. We don't anticipate any supply issues for retail sales. The first shipment is less than a container as part of our QC process, but the quantity should be adequate to meet demand until the 2nd batch arrives.

Several Canadian dealers are already promoting the microHD. Our Canadian distributor will be stocking the microHD for their wholesale dealers and In several months they will be shipping the microHD as order fulfillment's for Glorystar customers.

No , I got tired around page # 43. But , the link answered most of what I was looking for. Other than RPS in Qc. , I was hoping for a dealer in the Toronto area. Most of the sellers are gone , since they lost the " hack " . Disappointing , because , the real meaning of free-to-air got lost. Thanks to sites like this , this " hobby " been more fun than ever. Thanks , I appreciate.

No , I got tired around page # 43. But , the link answered most of what I was looking for. Other than RPS in Qc. , I was hoping for a dealer in the Toronto area. Most of the sellers are gone , since they lost the " hack " . Disappointing , because , the real meaning of free-to-air got lost. Thanks to sites like this , this " hobby " been more fun than ever. Thanks , I appreciate.

You better order it directly from AV, otherwise you will have to wait longer. ANd BRian will ship USPS, no taxes ( hope)

Full warranty on product.

We typically will ship small products to Canada via USPS/Canada Post for not only the great reason you stated, but also because FedEx has a crazy policy on collecting past due Brokerage and Customs fees. If the Canadian customer refuses to pay the brokerage and customs fees the international shipper is invoiced for the customer's fees at some random date often months after the delivery. :eek:

Here ya go from page 83....Yep USPS to Canada.

Here ya go from page 83....Yep USPS to Canada.
Great. And perfectly correct . I had a situation with UPS as well , where they wanted a brokerage fee of $30. , for a $20. item. I told them to keep it . From past experience , the HST [ Hosing & Screwing Tax ] is usually what they want. And for a nice item like this , it's not too bad . I appreciate all the replies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Programming Fortec Lifetime Ultra FTA receiver

Sacriledge!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)