New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
But I thought 1037 was replaced by 1040 as the NR rolling now out. And 1040 has no logos?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
No logos for 1040 or the last betas in the guide, they are still there in the channel info (info > upper right). 1037 is still NR for some HR's so in the off hours the old guide is no longer an option only 1037, when it's M-F in 3 AM to 7 AM ET it's 1040 for all etc.

Reactions: Derek21023
You explained it better. Haha.
No logos for 1040 or the last betas in the guide, they are still there in the channel info (info > upper right). 1037 is still NR for some HR's so in the off hours the old guide is no longer an option only 1037, when it's M-F in 3 AM to 7 AM ET it's 1040 for all etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I got 1040 and it doesn't have any logos in the guide. I guess they removed them to make the guide scroll faster? Maybe the processor in the HR-44, 54 and HS-17 can't handle the logos in the guide?

I got 1040 and it doesn't have any logos in the guide. I guess they removed them to make the guide scroll faster? Maybe the processor in the HR-44, 54 and HS-17 can't handle the logos in the guide?
Or people complained that with the logos it was too crowded.

Ok, got it now thanks for the clarification ...

Looking at the FW watcher I see now there's no going back to the old GUI (0D8F) anymore save for three Genie models (the HR44-200, -500, and HR54-500).

For all the others it's only 1037 in the stream for the daytime to early next morning off-hours ~7 AM to 3 AM EST M-F.

Or people complained that with the logos it was too crowded.
Just look at how they did Dish's new guide. They have the logos and two and half hours in their guide.

Attachments

• Dish Network Guide.jpg
    Dish Network Guide.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 331
Just look at how they did Dish's new guide. They have the logos and two and half hours in their guide.
Ok, Now, look at the guide the way it is now (without logos) ...
Look how the channel name you can read now ...
Ok, now look at what it would look like if you took and put the channel Number and Name in the same location .... it would look scrunched and not good.
So No, with the current spacing I don't think they can do what DISH did and have it look right.

I thinI think he's talking about 1037 he finally got and the logos are there. 1088 isn't going to have logos. You can tell by where the channel number and name are. There isn't space for the logos unless they put them on the far left and I doubt they would do that. I prefer them gone. Much faster and it was like that before on the old guide.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
yes it was 1037 and it came automatically i did not force it

Ok, got it now thanks for the clarification ...

Looking at the FW watcher I see now there's no going back to the old GUI (0D8F) anymore save for three Genie models (the HR44-200, -500, and HR54-500).

For all the others it's only 1037 in the stream for the daytime to early next morning off-hours ~7 AM to 3 AM EST M-F.

Um, I think thats 3 AM to 7AM EST M-F. :biggrin

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Ok, Now, look at the guide the way it is now (without logos) ...
Look how the channel name you can read now ...
Ok, now look at what it would look like if you took and put the channel Number and Name in the same location .... it would look scrunched and not good.
So No, with the current spacing I don't think they can do what DISH did and have it look right.
I'm gonna guess that the cells are wider with the DISH set up ... don't think it would work with the current D* set up.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Um, I think thats 3 AM to 7AM EST M-F. :biggrin
No, I mean currently 1037 is in the satellite stream for all Genie models (except three) from ~7:00 AM one morning to 3:00 AM early the next morning EST Mon. to Fri.

Then 1040 is the new NR rolling-out in the early morning hours between 3 AM to 7 AM EST Mon to Fri.

For the weekends, with the exception of two CE Windows, 1037 is in the stream continually from 7:00 AM Fri. morning all the way to 3 AM early next Mon. morning EST

I'm gonna guess that the cells are wider with the DISH set up ... don't think it would work with the current D* set up.
Agreed and DTV / AT&T are trying for a cross model platform in the end whenever that might be. Honestly font and colors look somewhat similar as to what DTV has now just a different layout, in the end it's that most folks dislike change.

No, I mean currently 1037 is in the satellite stream for all Genie models (except three) from ~7:00 AM one morning to 3:00 AM early the next morning EST Mon. to Fri.

Then 1040 is the new NR rolling-out in the early morning hours between 3 AM to 7 AM EST Mon to Fri.

For the weekends, with the exception of two CE Windows, 1037 is in the stream continually from 7:00 AM Fri. morning all the way to 3 AM early next Mon. morning EST

Sorry, I was confused !

Check the firmware watcher to determine which build is in the stream prior to downloading.
DirecTV Firmware Watcher
Down to three options for it as of today 5-17-18

0X1037 7 AM ET to 3 AM ET M-F & Weekends outside of CE
0X1040 3 AM ET to 7 AM ET M-F
0X1088 11 PM to 3 AM Friday & Saturday (Version changes each week when there is a new release). AKA CE

Old GUI is gone........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts