New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nothing obvious, but I really haven't been home enough to play with it either.
Dumb black bar still there during FFW and REW?

I am sure it is, but still worth it to ask anyway I guess ...

No matter how futile the hope may be they've finally come to their senses and eliminated it ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Dumb black bar still there during FFW and REW?

I am sure it is, but still worth it to ask anyway I guess ...

No matter how futile the hope may be they've finally come to their senses and eliminated it ...

Black bar,, ya its still there on FF's, not REW thou.

Not on REW? ...

Hey that's some good news at least ...

As I can make use of that for revewing missed bottom line crawls even without FFW.

Now, your talking about Live Tv, right ?

After reading your post, I grabbed the remote and backed up my current program and ff back to live ... those were the results. ...

I'll test it again a little later to confirm.

OK Hotat2,
Heres what I have found .... its a little different than what I first thought, might be the same as before.

If you use the FF and REW buttons ... the black bar IS there ...
however ...
If you use the buttons I always use ....
the FFF and frew buttons ...(30 and 08 sec skip buttons)
Fast REWind does Not bring the black bar up.
Going F Forward does.

Like I said, that May be the way it always has been, i normally don't use the regular FF and RW buttons.

OK Hotat2,
Heres what I have found .... its a little different than what I first thought, might be the same as before.

If you use the FF and REW buttons ... the black bar IS there ...
however ...
If you use the buttons I always use ....
the FFF and frew buttons ...(30 and 08 sec skip buttons)
Fast REWind does Not bring the black bar up.
Going F Forward does.

Like I said, that May be the way it always has been, i normally don't use the regular FF and RW buttons.
Ah ... Ok thanks for checking it out ...

But sounds like the same performance though, ... Oh well, not surprised ...

The main feature I miss is the ability to "at least" reverse at various speeds to review bottom-line crawls on news and sports channels.

Whereas the best workaround now is (on the Genie remote) "<<" then quickly "EXIT" to remove the black bar. Then ">||" and quickly "EXIT" again to take out the bar when you reach the point you wish to stop and play foward from.

The F-Back (or instant replay) would help in this area for going back short distances if DIRECTV had ever implemented it right. As instead of going back 7 to 8 sec., it seems more like only 3 to 4 sec.

Ah ... Ok thanks for checking it out ...

But sounds like the same performance though, ... Oh well, not surprised ...

The main feature I miss is the ability to "at least" reverse at various speeds to review bottom-line crawls on news and sports channels.

Whereas the best workaround now is (on the Genie remote) "<<" then quickly "EXIT" to remove the black bar. Then ">||" and quickly "EXIT" again to take out the bar when you reach the point you wish to stop and play foward from.

The F-Back (or instant replay) would help in this area for going back short distances if DIRECTV had ever implemented it right. As instead of going back 7 to 8 sec., it seems more like only 3 to 4 sec.

Find a screen on TV that has the time on it and find out the time frames .... last i checked it was 30 seconds ... dont remember the back time.

I’d like to see where I am in relation to the recordings overall time during any trick play. This is what you get from cable operators DVRs, and heck even online and mobile streaming video. It’s even more functional on mobile to grab and reposition yourself around in the video (scrubbing).

With that being said, I get directv is trying to make a design statement, but if they just remove the fade and keep it a minimal timeline like the other providers/services then it would still be functional without covering too much. On my C61 I don’t get any progress indication where I am in relation to the programs length when I 30 skip. However I get it fine on an HR44. I surely wouldn’t want a genie 2 if that’s how clients react. I’d rather have the obstruction and know where I am in the program than fly blindly.

I see a lot of you are talking about 1104 and 1138. I have anHR54/200 and the Genie software is still oX1088. (Wed 6/6 at 2:47 AM). Are they forgetting about me? :sorrow

Just kidding; I assume I'll get it when I get it?

I see a lot of you are talking about 1104 and 1138. I have anHR54/200 and the Genie software is still oX1088. (Wed 6/6 at 2:47 AM). Are they forgetting about me? :sorrow

Just kidding; I assume I'll get it when I get it?
I haven't heard anyone that has 1138, I know it was in the stream for a few minutes, but not long enough to d/l.

1088 is still the national release, I'm defining that as the release you get if you do a new install during the day. DirecTV has been releasing what I will call pre-production releases, available 3-7am;some people have had these rleases pushed to them, others have pulled a download so they can see what has changed. It's not clear what the next national release will be or when.

Just curious, what kind of issues are you having with whole home? None here.
After the Genie Guide upgrade in May my Whole Home quit showing the recordings that was on my other 2 DVR's. I guess It's a Bug they don't seem to care about fixing, but want me to upgrade my other 2 DVR's and sign a new 2 year agreement. Even though I have payed for insurance 1997. I do understand that the insurance only covers replacement not the contract extension. I just think it's a scam. Sorry for whining. I live in the sticks and don't have many options for HDTV.

Reactions: madmadworld
1088 is still the national release, I'm defining that as the release you get if you do a new install during the day. DirecTV has been releasing what I will call pre-production releases, available 3-7am;some people have had these rleases pushed to them, others have pulled a download so they can see what has changed. It's not clear what the next national release will be or when.

If they're pushed without user action, they're a national release. Best rule of thumb - if a rollback isn't possible, it's a national release.

Anyone like Spectrum's new guide? They just have the logo and number plus 2 1/2 hours. What if DTV did something like this?

Attachments

• 01_guide_v4.png
    01_guide_v4.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: mccoyrj
Anyone like Spectrum's new guide? They just have the logo and number plus 2 1/2 hours. What if DTV did something like this?
Channel numbers are too small, but other than that, its ok.
What, no LINE down the middle of the guide so you know what time it is ? Sheeeesh, what were they thinking ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts