New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Was 0x1003 for the HS17 only, or was it for other Genies? Might have been too late but I tried forcing a CE download about a half an hour ago and 0x0D8F was what it wanted to download. I'm still on 0XFF3 from November.

Forced 0x1003 this AM. I like it. Have to get used to it though. I find it fresh, crisp, and fast. Especially like the Settings right panel where you can scroll down rather that left arrow to back out then go down.

I also forced 1003 on my HR44 this morning. Yes, the larger icons are more useful and the lag does not seem as bad in the menu. As for why "we are obsessed with these firmware updates", it is just interesting from a hobbies perspective. Of course, I would not have chosen one provider over another due to the size of their icons or menu layout.

Reactions: JoshC
I also forced 1003 on my HR44 this morning. Yes, the larger icons are more useful and the lag does not seem as bad in the menu. As for why "we are obsessed with these firmware updates", it is just interesting from a hobbies perspective. Of course, I would not have chosen one provider over another due to the size of their icons or menu layout.
Ignore that guy. It was an unnecessary comment.

This is the biggest change to DirecTV since the last guide which was what 7-8 years ago? We have a right to complain and talk about how we can get the latest versions to see if it is better.

I tried this on the HS-17 ....
Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing and WHILE solid white. Once it turns white THEN hold button down UNTIL it starts blinking...........How will I know if I catch the download when I see it in redh other than when it comes back up? I tried about 7 times never caught the d/l for 1003 and Thanks appreciate it very much for the answering and help!

I tried this on the HS-17 ....
Red button reset. When white light comes on hold down add client button until white light is flashing.Download is in progress when white light is flashing and WHILE solid white. Once it turns white THEN hold button down UNTIL it starts blinking...........How will I know if I catch the download when I see it in redh other than when it comes back up? I tried about 7 times never caught the d/l for 1003 and Thanks appreciate it very much for the answering and help!
I think the HS17 doesn't have a way to force the download or at least I think at this time.

Does anyone have the C61K on here and since the latest update to 1001 and the latest firmware on the C61K, my box makes a loud buzzing noise when it is first turned on. I'm about ready to leave DirecTV. I'll try and get a recording of it. You'll probably find it laughable how loud this sound is when I first turn my C61K on.

Installed 1003 on Friday night and I really like it but I find the font size a bit too small. It may take some getting used to I guess. The other thing is the 30 skip doesn't work anymore on recorded shows? Do I have to set it up again? Other than that I think the guide looks modern and I don't think it's slow as some have mentioned here.

Edit: 30 second skip works on recorded shows. It didn't work last night on a paused show. Wife left show paused for 20-30 minutes came back to watch the show and it wouldn't work.

Was 0x1003 for the HS17 only, or was it for other Genies? Might have been too late but I tried forcing a CE download about a half an hour ago and 0x0D8F was what it wanted to download. I'm still on 0XFF3 from November.
I have 1003 on my HR44, so it wasn't a HS17 only.

Installed 1003 on Friday night and I really like it but I find the font size a bit too small. It may take some getting used to I guess. The other thing is the 30 skip doesn't work anymore on recorded shows? Do I have to set it up again? Other than that I think the guide looks modern and I don't think it's slow as some have mentioned here.

Edit: 30 second skip works on recorded shows. It didn't work last night on a paused show. Wife left show paused for 20-30 minutes came back to watch the show and it wouldn't work.
Most were saying how the Logos appeared larger.

Here's a pic I took on my 55"

20180128_201357.jpg

Thanks for feedback on this appreciate it

Status
Please reply by conversation.