New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know about the HR34 and HS17, but sometimes the software is limited to the HR44 or HR54, but not both.

There’s a new update up tonight 1071, i downloaded it, and i dont have the channel logos now.
Same here my friend, but as usual I suspect they will take a day to return, if not I will run a clearmybox but I doubt I will have to, also on-demand is out but same story. I will report back when they show up, have seen this in the past with others so no worries as I doubt it's a new bug. From what I understand the new CE has improved logos which is why they need to download again (not confirmed but appears to be the case). Can't complain either as it's CE which comes with the usual warnings (DL at your own RISK), but I like living on the edge :)
Got my logos back around 2pm cst time here

Reactions: mccoyrj
Did you have to reset, or did they just appear when you turned the tv back on?
They just came back on after doing the CE last night and can’t back up at 10:15 cst which I was like wow for coming back up that fast on the logos after losing them last night

Last edited:
Nothing just went on with its normal start up
Oh, sorry ...

Was called away on an immediate errand and couldn't get back ...

Let me guess, you're using the newer Genie remote to issue the d/l command?

For some reason a few of the Genies don't respond well or at all to the Genie RF remote for the forced d/l command procedure.

You have to use IR from the old DIRECTV b&w remote.

My Genie (an HR54-500) is like this too.

Hope you have an old remote around ...

They just came back on after doing the CE last night and can’t back up at 10:15 cst which I was like wow for coming back up that fast on the logos after losing them last night
I got all the posters back but still waiting for the logos, might have to do a clear, but trying to wait it out. Have seen with others where it has taken a few days to return everything. In the past for me the logos were back within hours.

Reactions: longhorn23
Oh, sorry ...

Was called away on an immediate errand and couldn't get back ...

Let me guess, you're using the newer Genie remote to issue the d/l command?

For some reason a few of the Genies don't respond well or at all to the Genie RF remote for the forced d/l command procedure.

You have to use IR from the old DIRECTV b&w remote.

My Genie (an HR54-500) is like this too.

Hope you have an old remote around ...
Or he can change the remote to ir mode

I got all the posters back but still waiting for the logos, might have to do a clear, but trying to wait it out. Have seen with others where it has taken a few days to return everything. In the past for me the logos were back within hours.
Same here, posters back, no logos

Reactions: longhorn23
I downloaded the latest update Friday night still no logos
same here, not sure what's up there but just will give it more time, I did a clear so that didn't change anything. I also made sure the internet is all good, which it was / is.

Guess we can downgrade to 1037 or just wait it out, I will wait as it's not a big deal, always can wait for the next CE as well if this is a true bug.

I just noticed something today with 1071, when going to settings I saw a "Reconnect Now" message. I tried to re-connect to my wireless network and kept getting error. I connected the receiver to my router through Ethernet. Might just be me but never had a problem before with my network connection. Wifi is working fine on all other devices.

So I finally downloaded the new software as me also no logos an also no hbo video on demand. Any idea how long that takes to come up
If you downloaded 1037, the logos and on-demand can take up to a few days to return but generally it's about 6 hours. I am on 0X1071 and still no logo's after about 5 days and two clears, so not sure what is up with that. I can always downgrade or wait for the next CE, prob just wait as it's only logos and on-demand, service is fine otherwise.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)